Thread: How to post a recommendation of correction for a standard

Default How to post a recommendation of correction for a standard

Hey! First and certainly foremost, great app! Many thanks, sincerely.

And now business:
    I play with many others, some old-timers, who will from time to time swear that a tune has such-and-such changes, rather than the ones that are available here (in the 1200 song pack). Is there a place here where I may post the recommendations (or the revised charts with changes noted) for community review and/or subsequent adoption into the 'official' 1200 song pack? I feel that if the repository becomes community-editable (via moderators of course) then it will both be more solid (by the way its much more accurate than any published 'real' book) AND also have some hip alternate changes that us kids are using these days.

And then sometimes I think: perhaps some guys will complain about the changes no matter what they are?

And finally:
    Apologies if this question has been asked/answered already, I have searched for it....

Thanks again for the MONSTER app!
    Last edited by escopf; 01-14-2012 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by escopf View Post
    ... Is there a place here where I may post the recommendations (or the revised charts with changes noted) for community review and/or subsequent adoption into the 'official' 1200 song pack? ...
    Hello, it is unlikely (at least at the moment) to change the 1200 jazz pack, as originally it was based on the library of songs in early versions of iReal b and they are the same as the ones in the early Android app which a few people still use. You could post your versions in that same thread, at least they will be there for others to look at and comment on.

Yes you are right, there are many different chords to the same songs out there. I am not sure whether we will ever get consensus on the correct or preferred chords for a specific song (especially jazz ones.)

Post your version in the thread where the original lies (jazz, brazilian etc. forums) and follow the comments from others. We sometimes collate them into a single playlist (for example the Beatles one.)

Thanks for your comments. We all look forward to your versions of songs.