Thread: Insert a bar?

Default Insert a bar?

How can I insert a measure, in an existing song that I am editing on my iPad? The online manual shows an "insert beat" button, but it's doesn't show on the iPad. Also ,I want to insert an entire measure. I'm trying to set up the second ending for part A in Angel Eyes.

Default Never mind!

Found how to insert a bar by diddling around. I must say, the intro docs are pretty minimal.

But, I LOVE this app. It's just what I need and I'm glad I found it. Good work, guys.

for anyone else wondering:
    a measure (bar) is just space between two barlines, so at the bottom of the chart where there is empty space, tap on a beat then tap on a barline (left barline), insert a chord then tap (or Next) the final beat of the bar, then tap another barline (right barline.)

If you use the Insert beat within the chart, you will see the beats and measures after it move one beat forward.
    There is probably no need to Insert beats at the empty space at the end of a chart, just insert barlines. The space (beats) are already there.

Usually we use 4 spaces per measure, even in 3/4, 5/4 etc. It creates a tidy chart with 4 measures per system (4 bars across) however a measure can be merely one space (giving up to 16 measures in a system!) but only allowing one chord per measure (obviously.) Remember the Player needs to work out what your intention is, so you will need to be tidy (no split measures across 2 systems for instance.)
    Note: sometimes the player will give an error when it cannot work out how to play a specific measure(s). This might be because of chord placement within a measure. Sometimes you need to move a chord either to a space before or after. (Obviously this does not apply to the first beat of the measure.)

To split a measure of 4 spaces (4 beats) into two measures, tap on the 3rd beat and insert a barline.
    If you want to move the bars along for this extra measure, then you will need to Insert beat 4 times (assuming you are using 4 spaces per measure.)

Related information:
    Our original layout conventions
    http://irealb.com/forums/showthread....&p=301#post301

Glossary
    http://irealb.com/forums/showthread....&p=282#post282

Support manuals
    http://www.irealb.com/support/manuals/
    Last edited by dflat; 01-10-2012 at 02:54 AM. Reason: additional information, split measure etc.

Waprothero, I have added a little more information to the previous post. I will delete this post (#4) after a few days (if I remember) but will leave #3.

Default Suggestioon

I sort of figured this out for myself by diddling with the interface. However, the online manual leaves a lot to be desired. For one thing, the picture of the edit screen is not correct. It would be helpful to know that the beats in a measure are not, or are they, the same as the number of chord entry spaces. And what is the function of the N and S keys? How does the system decide how a beat in a measure correspond to the entered chord?

There needs to be a LOT more detail about the song editor. The video tutorials go by too fast and are not very useful. Some audio would be helpful, perhaps.

The app is really a great one, but the documentation is not the same quality.

Default Can't see extra line of music in the editor

I have a somewhat similar problem, couldn't find the answer elsewhere on the forum. My Q is: how many lines of measures are allowed on a page? I'm re-doing a chart I downloaded from the forum, & there's an extra bar at the end that appears by itself on another line of music at the bottom of the page - this is in the player view (in the app). But I can't see this bar or line of music in the editor - I'm using the editor in the iPad app.

P.S. - there are 12 lines of music showing in the editor, but 13 lines of music showing in the song as it appears n the app.

Quote Originally Posted by Waprothero View Post
    ...the online manual leaves a lot to be desired...
    It really does. After working with the program over the past 7 months, I've learned most of its tricks and traps. But an "iRealb For Dummies" would have been very helpful at the beginning.

Default Insert Measures / Bars

Hi gurus.

Is there an option for editing that allows one to insert measures? I'm asking for songs that start right on the song itself, where I'd like to add 2-4 bars of intro chords.

Thanks

Dave
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 02-27-2017 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Moved to existing thread

Quote Originally Posted by dws53 View Post
    Hi gurus.

Is there an option for editing that allows one to insert measures? I'm asking for songs that start right on the song itself, where I'd like to add 2-4 bars of intro chords.

Thanks

Dave
    Also read this
    http://www.irealpro.com/how-to-add-an-intro-to-a-song/

There are detailed instructions inside the app in Settings - Tutorials, Help & Support.
    (You can also select the "?" in a circle at the top of an app page)
    Also at: https://www.irealpro.com/documentation/
    And: http://www.irealpro.com/support/
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 02-27-2017 at 12:37 AM.