Thread: Separate Color for Alternate Chords

Default Separate Color for Alternate Chords

Hi,

I suggest allowing the user to display the alternate chords (the small ones on top, if any) in a different color than the main chords.

More generally, separate full font and color controls for the main chords and the alternate chords would be great!

I think many find the highlight feature useful
    https://technimo.helpshift.com/hc/en...1174748/?p=ios

But, I have chosen not to use it myself. I don’t want to get used to expecting the highlights and then miss noticing the instructions if I’m using someone else’s chart.
    )BOB

I think OP means something else than just highlighting rehearsal symbols.

Excellent mock-up! Yes, that's the idea. That would be very nice! (And you excellently demonstrate one of the key potential usages)

Another possibility would be to apply the color(s) as background color for the area of each measure.

Either I think would be very helpful, and a choice between them would be ULTIMATE!
    Last edited by sj1; 08-24-2022 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sj1 View Post
    Excellent mock-up! Yes, that's the idea. That would be very nice! (And you excellently demonstrate one of the key potential usages)

Another possibility would be to apply the color(s) as background color for the area of each measure.

Either I think would be very helpful, and a choice between them would be ULTIMATE!
    Completely different than you requested in your initial post.
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    Completely different than you requested in your initial post.
    )BOB
    Seems like an elaboration of my second sentence to me. In any case, I like it!

Implementation-wise, it would be simplest and adequate just to allow the color settings to be done one-bar-at-a-time.

Even better though would be to allow the color settings to be applied to all of a selected set of bars at once, minimizing time and motion to achieve a desired final result.

In either case, a switch should ideally allow non-destructive toggling between all colors as the user has defined and an original-style monotone display
    Last edited by sj1; 08-25-2022 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sj1 View Post
    Excellent mock-up!
    It's not really a mock up. I have a program that renders songs this way.