Thread: F-7 Bb7 fit in two beats w small font

Default F-7 Bb7 fit in two beats w small font

It would be nice to be able to fit F-7 Bb7 (or Bb-7 Eb7, etc. II-V change generally?) within two beats using small font. Not sure how easy that would be. (I know we did a workaround over on the Long & Winding Road chart. Workarounds could be just F- Bb7 or or maybe even just Bb7 on fourth beat and let the jazzer assume the minor 7th substitute in cycle of fifths to set up the dom 7 chord.)

quick edit...And I just like the familiarity in so many billions of songs of seeing the entire F-7 Bb7 written out.

Such a great little app. Thank you!
    Last edited by boscotom; 11-14-2009 at 02:00 AM. Reason: additional detail on why this is a nice to have

yes I know what you mean. I have thought this many times as I was inputting for irb. We might take a look at this sometime... (being the ubiquitous II-V especially.) But I have found when soloing I really don't think about it as the changes go by. You will notice a few of our charts have the '7' missing off the minor.
    I have done layouts using notation software and you get concerned about the smallest details of placement. iReal Book has such a small amount of screen width and only 16 spaces where it can all occur across a system. (I am surprised we have got as far as we have with irb sometimes.)
    One possibility is to generate a font character with the two chords existing as one insert chord composite, where we can control spacing but this could get complicated as there might have to be one for every 'chord' (C-7 F7; C#-7 F#7 etc.)
    Thanks for your concern. We will give it further thought.