Thread: Fitting That "Let It Be" Sequence

Default Fitting That "Let It Be" Sequence

I'm working out the Beatles' "Let It Be" and am wondering how to fit or edit in the iReal editor that famous sequence with the Rhodes piano then echoed by the B-3 organ...I think it goes like this attachment...But there's six famous chords (in the first bar) and I don't want to short them. Use a wider bar line?
    Last edited by boscotom; 11-14-2009 at 02:59 AM. Reason: added parenthetical explanation

yes you can use a wider bar width. If you look in irb at Criss Cross you can see there are only 3 bars in a system for the B section.

However I am preparing some information on rhythm which will help you (and will be posted very soon) ... along with Ruby my dear which has a similar rhythm need and has been requested. I hope to get it finished very soon now (been so busy setting up the forum I have not had time to do much else.)

If I remember I will post a reply in here when I put it in the Support section so keep a watch out for it.

just as an idea you could do this:

New Song by Unknown Composer

using a slash in Text under the quarter note (crotchet) beats

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    yes you can use a wider bar width. If you look in irb at Criss Cross you can see there are only 3 bars in a system for the B section.
    Oh yeah, that looks good. Let me work it from that "Criss Cross" solution. It's great to be able to refer to other songs in irb that handle these problems. And the slash idea should make it even clearer. Thank you.

I must admit that Criss Cross is an exception but then only having 6 bars is reasonably rare. In other tunes we have just carried on, not being able to be too concerned with having a section starting at the beginning of a system due to space considerations or whatever.
    There are sometimes different ways to lay out the tricky ones and sometimes you just have to compromise.