Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barline keeps appearing at end of blank measure at end of line

Default Barline keeps appearing at end of blank measure at end of line

I have a chart with some 6-bar phrases, so to get 3 bars per line I am just leaving the 4th bar blank, or else doing 4 bars then 2 bars/2 blank. But I am finding that sometimes when I add a barline at the beginning of the next line, this causes one to appear at the end of the blank measure preceding it (at the end of the previous line) - which of course I do not want. In some cases I can delete this extra bar line, which may cause the next line's initial barline to disappear as well, but I can add it back without the extra one reappearing. However, the next time I edit the chart, that mystery barline does reappear and I have to go through this procedure again (it will save & display without it...)

BUT sometimes I cannot get the extra barline to go away without also losing the next line's initial one, no matter what I do. Seems as if the program just considers them the same line. If I select that last cell of the blank measure, the right barline symbol is not blue as it would be normally if there is one there. . . I am noticing this currently on a chart with three spots like this in it. The first one is the first situation (I can delete the extra barline,) and it is 2 bars of chords then 2 blank. The second spot I cannot delete it no matter what, it is 3 bars plus one blank. And the third spot it isn't a problem at all...this is also three plus one.

The first & third spots both end their filled bars with a double barline, and also have an extra space before the next line. The second spot however is just a normal barline and no extra space between it and the next line - not sure if these differences are related to the different behaviors.

Any solution to force a right barline to NOT appear like this?

For assistance with a chart, please post the chart so it can be downloaded and opened in the editor.
    )BOB

I have tried but keep running into problems adding an attachment - if I browse/choose/upload the ireal pro html file it just never appears in the attachments field. Tried a pdf generated from the program as well but got an error that it was too big. Have tried both on ipad/safari and PC/Chrome.

Maybe the problem uploading the chart file is this: "Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip" - Since ireal pro seems to save its charts in html format how can we upload them?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbrainard View Post
    I have tried but keep running into problems adding an attachment - if I browse/choose/upload the ireal pro html file it just never appears in the attachments field. Tried a pdf generated from the program as well but got an error that it was too big. Have tried both on ipad/safari and PC/Chrome.

Maybe the problem uploading the chart file is this: "Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip" - Since ireal pro seems to save its charts in html format how can we upload them?
    Maybe the problem is that you aren’t following the posting instructions (check out everything that's hiding behind the question-mark at the top of most any app page) or this:
    https://technimo.helpshift.com/hc/en...-forums/?p=ios

)BOB

I did try but have not been able to upload the file, the attachments page states "Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif irb jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip" and it will not accept the html file used by ireal pro, and the pdf file it generates is too big. Is there another way?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbrainard View Post
    I did try but have not been able to upload the file, the attachments page states "Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif irb jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip" and it will not accept the html file used by ireal pro, and the pdf file it generates is too big. Is there another way?
    Yes. Follow the instructions in the link posted in the post preceding yours.
    )BOB

Oh ok, I didn't gather that attaching a file in a thread here was dependent on uploading it to the forums from the app - I thought that was for publishing your chart to the public. Maybe the attachment dialog here would be a good place for that info? (also sorry for the duplicate post, my original reply was waiting for admin approval and didn't show up until I made my second one today. . .) Will try that.

Don't talk (barlines) - Brian Wilson - Tony Asher

Also after messing with it a bit I have ended up with an extra barline in the middle of the 5th line, which I can't get rid of. The cell on each side shows no barline (the icon is blue in the editor) maybe this is related?

Tried a few more things - changed the two 3-bar lines to a 4 and a 2, no extra barline appeared there. Was able to remove the first one but I expect it will still reappear when I edit the chart. Also got rid of the extra one in the middle of the line by deleting the contents of that cell, then the barline correctly didn't appear when removed - maybe they get attached to the cell contents somehow?

Don't talk - Brian Wilson - Tony Asher