I have a chart with some 6-bar phrases, so to get 3 bars per line I am just leaving the 4th bar blank, or else doing 4 bars then 2 bars/2 blank. But I am finding that sometimes when I add a barline at the beginning of the next line, this causes one to appear at the end of the blank measure preceding it (at the end of the previous line) - which of course I do not want. In some cases I can delete this extra bar line, which may cause the next line's initial barline to disappear as well, but I can add it back without the extra one reappearing. However, the next time I edit the chart, that mystery barline does reappear and I have to go through this procedure again (it will save & display without it...)

BUT sometimes I cannot get the extra barline to go away without also losing the next line's initial one, no matter what I do. Seems as if the program just considers them the same line. If I select that last cell of the blank measure, the right barline symbol is not blue as it would be normally if there is one there. . . I am noticing this currently on a chart with three spots like this in it. The first one is the first situation (I can delete the extra barline,) and it is 2 bars of chords then 2 blank. The second spot I cannot delete it no matter what, it is 3 bars plus one blank. And the third spot it isn't a problem at all...this is also three plus one.

The first & third spots both end their filled bars with a double barline, and also have an extra space before the next line. The second spot however is just a normal barline and no extra space between it and the next line - not sure if these differences are related to the different behaviors.

Any solution to force a right barline to NOT appear like this?