Thread: Simple practice logger ?

Default Simple practice logger ?

I keep a practice log where I note what exercises and/or tunes I played on which instrument. I dislike interrupting my practice to open my log and make entries so I end up waiting until the end of the session (or forget to do it until later). That means I often forget exactly what I did :=(

It would be awesome if iRP had a small icon I could click to add an entry to a file that included the Time, Song Title, Tempo and Key of the whatever chart I just finished playing. If the click also brought up a small text window for a few remarks that would be sauce on the awesome.

I'm a software engineer. I appreciate the dangers of feature creep so I suggest keeping it really simple, e.g. just append (or maybe prepend) each entry to a CSV file. I'd be quite happy with that since I could then use a spreadsheet as a viewer with search and sort capabilities. Or maybe there's an open-source viewer component that could be incorporated into iRP.

Thanks for listening and for creating and maintaining this amazing practice tool!

Mike

Thanks for sharing your idea.
    Currently, at the top of the playlists page there's automatically generated “Last Viewed” chart list.
    I've found it helpful.
    )BOB

> Currently, at the top of the playlists page there's automatically generated “Last Viewed” chart list

That's a useful feature. Thanks!

Still, it would be nice to be able to keep a sortable log of which tunes were actually played and when.

Cheers,
    Mike