Thread: Playlists-specific transpositions

Default Playlists-specific transpositions

Hi.
    I have searched the forums but didn't find a relevant post so I make a new one.

I play with different singers and made different playlist for each one.
    But there are some common songs and they don't sing them in the same key.
    Actually I have to duplicate the song and change the key. In the main songs window I find myself with lots of songs with nearly the same name but in different keys.

I don't know if it could be easily done or if it's a desired feature for other iReal users, but I'd really like to be able to use the same song, but in a different key in each playlist: the transposition "stays" in the playlist.

***** EDIT: it works, I don't know why I thought it didn't (see answer below) *****
    Last edited by GuyCLO; 05-18-2022 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyCLO View Post
    Hi.
    I have searched the forums but didn't find a relevant post so I make a new one.

I play with different singers and made different playlist for each one.
    But there are some common songs and they don't sing them in the same key.
    Actually I have to duplicate the song and change the key. In the main songs window I find myself with lots of songs with nearly the same name but in different keys.

I don't know if it could be easily done or if it's a desired feature for other iReal users, but I'd really like to be able to use the same song, but in a different key in each playlist: the transposition "stays" in the playlist.
    Actually what, you describe is how playlists already work.

View a chart in a playlist, transpose it, it stays in that key (same with player settings also)
    The chart in your library (songs) doesn’t change, neither do charts in other playlists.

Another way to do it...
    Open the original chart, >edit > duplicate open the info screen (i), edit the song title (remove the number, add your singer's initials, edit the key — change it to your singer's key > Set AND Transpose. >Done >Save
    Repeat for your other singers.

Seems like extra work for nearly identical charts, but often you may have different intros/endings or possibly slightly different changes.

)BOB

From 2013 regarding Android
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...rent-playlists

iOS
    https://technimo.helpshift.com/hc/en...laylist/?p=ios

OK, thank you for taking time responding.

Maybe I had a brain fart I thought it didn't work maybe because I fumbled with cloud synchronisation and airdrop between 3 machines (iPhone, iPad and computer) then found myself with multiple copies.
    I'm very glad that my wish is already granted