Thread: A little problem with endings and coda

Default A little problem with endings and coda

The form of the song should be in, A B A B C B A B coda but I only wanted to write each part ONCE. So I put 1st ending at end of first B, second ending after that, just continue thru C part and at end of C it says DS al 3rd and the Segno is at beginning of B then the third ending repeats back to A and thru B and right before the first ending that’s when it should go to the coda. But if I put a coda at the end of the bar it goes straight to the coda the first time through Secret Sauce - Colleen Kitchen

Hi Colleen,
    The player will always jump to the coda the first chance it can in the final player repeat. 1x is the final repeat.

You already used the Segno to get back to the B, so the question is how can you get the player to jump to the A for the final AB? You can’t use the Segno again in this situation and D.C. won’t work because of the pesky intro.

By designating the end of the form at the end of B, we are able to make the player jump to the start of the repeating form (A) at the start of the 2nd player repeat.
    For this trick to work, player must be set for 2x.
    This also makes the coda jump happen during the final AB.
    I combined your 3rd ending with the coda.

I think this chart plays the way you want.

Secret Sauce 1 - Colleen Kitchen

I found the secret sauce….. 17 bars in the A and C sections and just 12 in the B.

Sometimes a complicated arrangement can’t be accommodated in iRp without writing a section more than once.

Your original songs are welcome, but without context, they’re just random chords.
    When sharing songs of your own composition on the forums in its own thread, if you could include a link to either an audio file or YouTube, your original chord chart would have some context for others.

MerryHappy
    )BOB

Default Thanks

Hi BOB
    Thanks for your quick and thorough answer. itÂ’s been a while, b/c iRp usually does exactly what I want with no issues. IÂ’ll try your solution as soon as I can. My intent was not to share my original tune, (nobody wants to hear that) , just to get iRp to play the form as I want it to for me and my band. The problem with repeating of course, is that you run up against the size limit.

I do have a whole bunch of charts that ppl might want, that are not in the collections. E.g. I just charted Jungle Juice by Horace Silver the other day. IÂ’d. be happy to share them, but only if they have a chance of ending up in one of the collections b/c otherwise what is the point? Merely flying my work up the flagpole does not seem to be effective. I still donÂ’t understand how that editorial process works.

Anyway, have a very merry!

Colleen

Hi Colleen,
    By “collections” I guess you mean “main playlists”.
    I view those playlists as “get started” playlists. A quick way to populate your app’s library with some familiar tunes.

The “gold” in iRp is found in individual song threads throughout the forums.
    The iRp search works quite well and when you catch a tune you like on the radio, spotify or YouTube, it’s always worth checking iRp. Maybe someone has already charted it.

Many artists also have their own threads too.
    For example: https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...e-Silver-songs

That’s great for browsing through titles.

Finally, https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...1-Can-YOU-Help

)BOB

Yes that basically worked, thanks so much. I don't understand how it knows to go back to the A after the DS, but it work. Noww how do you edit these things cause I tried to share Jungle Juice in the H. S. list and it festered..... I am trying to delete it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tixrus View Post
    Yes that basically worked, thanks so much. I don't understand how it knows to go back to the A after the DS, but it work.
    The In and V rehearsal marks are programmed to play only once at the start. (Unless instructed otherwise)
    The player finishes the main form and starts the form again at A per the number of player song repeats as set.
    On the FINAL player repeat, it jumps to the coda as soon as it encounters the 1st coda-sign.

Two coda signs: 1st = jump to coda from here the final time
    2nd = play this when instructed or at the end of the final repeat.

https://www.irealpro.com/news/how-th...s-in-ireal-pro

In this case player repeats is set at 2x, so back to the A for the Final.
    )BOB