Thread: Ability to play paused/displayed piano chords

Default Ability to play paused/displayed piano chords

Hi,

When we pause iRP and allow the piano chord display to appear, it would be great if we could touch the screen to HEAR the displayed voicing.

I think the gray area above the keys would be the ideal location to sense such a touch.

Often the displayed chord diagram's voicing is not is what the player is using...
    Swipe the (paused) chord diagram to view alternate voicings (does not affect player).

I agree it could be useful to be able to view a chord diagram and hear the voicing displayed.
    (Instead of using a separate instrument)
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    Often the displayed chord diagram's voicing is not is what the player is using...
    Yes, I read that elsewhere in the Forum, but it was a very old message, so thanks for confirming such is still the case.

FWIW, I would find it very helpful if the displayed chord diagram's voicing were indeed what the player just played! (Alternatives could of course still be presented, as they are now.)

The use-case here is:

1. Hear something fascinating from the program.

2. Pause the program and find out exactly what it was you heard!

3. (Optionally) Loop that bit and play your instrument over it until you can sound good navigating it.

Thanks for considering this.
    Last edited by sj1; 03-28-2022 at 04:03 PM.