Thread: Practice Transpose and Tempo feature Improved ?

Default Practice Transpose and Tempo feature Improved ?

It used to be you set transpose or practice tempo and they stayed that way .
    Now it resets every time. I'm a little irritated by this....perhaps because I grew up utilizing it the old way.
    So who's idea was this? Very curious as to what the motivations were?
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Hello Bob, are you referring to the Practice setting where you select either (or both) tempo and key changes for successive repeats of a song?
    If so, yes we changed it because we had reports where it was inadvertently left on and at a gig ...

Yes I can see that being disastrous . I've been putting together tunes with intros and codas for potential iReal gigs so I see that reasoning but on the other side for exercises that are designed to be transposed always it's nice to have it stay on.
    I've been working on an 8 bar turnaround that is designed to be transposed. I remember before this feature having to put in all the modulations. so instead of 8 bars you had to put in 96!
    Maybe a future update with a button to select "always on"?

So it seems like there are time limit in the code that turns it off? If I change the tempo the Transpose will stay on if I press play quick enough. Perhaps this time code? could be lengthened or even set to stay on until the app is turned off?
    Turnaround 1: I-VI-II-V 2beats per chord - Unknown Composer
    Last edited by Bobsax; 02-26-2022 at 04:57 PM. Reason: more info
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc