Thread: any way to get the iPhone-style editing screen on the iPad?

Default any way to get the iPhone-style editing screen on the iPad?

I have severely impaired eyesight, so given the choice I often install the iPhone version of an app on my iPad so I can view it double size.

I also use System Zoom extensively on iPad-only apps, but in the specific case of iRealb it seems like it might be especially nice to have the iPhone-style interface available on my big iPad screen.

Anyone know any trick I could use to make that happen? Thanks.

There is nothing currently in our code for anything different to what you can see and generate via the system Zoom.
    You might be able to use HDMI out and view on a TV monitor? (iPad2) Would this help?

Thanks for the reply, dflat. An external display wouldn't help much, as it would take away the benefit of portability, and I still have to be able to see the buttons that I'm going to touch on the iPad screen. It's a combined binary, right? So the iPhone-style editing screen with the spin dials is in there, you would just need to add a checkbox in the settings page for something like "[x] use iPhone-style editor". Am I missing something?

Unfortunately it's not that simple from the point of view of coding.
    If you are willing to jailbreak your iPad there might be some apps out there to force the iPhone version to display:
    http://blog.gadgetsonthego.net/2010/...ersion-of.html

OK, not worth jailbreaking at this point (company-owned iPad, still under warranty...) but thanks for the suggestion. System Zoom works well enough, just requires a little more back-and-forth panning to find stuff. But with a bluetooth keyboard, chord entry is pretty quick. It'd be even better if the arrow keys on the bluetooth keyboard could be used to move around the chart...