Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Discussion about the NEW Jazz 1410 playlist

Nothing happens when I clock the link given above. It opens a new page but the page stays empty. This happens on Windows PC. Currently I cant download anything from the new Jazz 1400 list. Was it really necessary to delete the old list?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxMan View Post
    Nothing happens when I clock the link given above. It opens a new page but the page stays empty. This happens on Windows PC. Currently I cant download anything from the new Jazz 1400 list. Was it really necessary to delete the old list?
    You must have the iReal pro app installed on the device you are using.
    To use iRp on a pc, Android emulator software must be installed (eg. Bluestacks)
    On a pc, all iRp related actions MUST stay within the android/Bluestacks environment.

More
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...376-Bluestacks

Many charts in the 1350 had minor edits in the 1400. iRp treats any change in a chart as a NEW chart. The suggestion to delete the 1350 first, was to avoid adding many near-duplicate charts to your library.

)BOB

Can I view/open song charts in the New Jazz 1400 list without downloading?

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by chromefree View Post
    Can I view/open song charts in the New Jazz 1400 list without downloading?

thank you

When you click on a song link or playlist link, and agree to download, it opens in a PREVIEW page.
    You can swipe through the playlist one song at a time and look.
    You can decide to import just a song or the entire list.

If you already have the 1350, just download the NEW additions here
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...8564#post68564

If you don’t yet have a main jazz playlist onboard, go ahead and grab the new 1400.playlist...it won’t hurt anything.
    )BOB

Greetings,
    I am not able to download the 1400 Jazz list on Android.
    I have tried to click on the link on Chrome (open a blank tab), Opera (kill the app), and Firefox (kill the app).
    I have no problem with other lists like Brazilian 150.
    I suspect that the list is too big but I have not find any mention of this in the help section.

Is it possible to get this list on Android?

Thank you for your help and for all the work.
    Damien

Quote Originally Posted by cirotix View Post
    Greetings,
    I am not able to download the 1400 Jazz list on Android.
    I have tried to click on the link on Chrome (open a blank tab), Opera (kill the app), and Firefox (kill the app).
    I have no problem with other lists like Brazilian 150.
    I suspect that the list is too big but I have not find any mention of this in the help section.

Is it possible to get this list on Android?

Thank you for your help and for all the work.
    Damien

Hi Damien
    Sorry you are experiencing difficulty.
    The 1400 downloaded without issue on my android phone.
    Older android had problems loading playlists larger than ~300...
    Make a backup of your iRp content (settings, More...) email it to yourself and/or add it to your Drive/DropBox.
    Make sure you have the newest OS your device allows and that you have then updated iRp to the latest version.
    Then try the 1400 again.
    If you already have the 1350 jazz charts, consider adding just the “new” charts here

If you need more help, email support@irealpro.com with your device info.

)BOB

Are there any changes to the original 1350 1400 ?
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsax View Post
    Are there any changes to the original 1350 1400 ?
    Here's what I know from Massimo

When I started to collect songs for the main Jazz playlist for iReal Pro about 12 years ago, there were no music streaming services. I only had my personal music library, a few real books and my own experience performing this music. Now that I can compare various recordings of any song, I decided it was time to review everything and to add some new ones.
    This process has taken some 6 months. Some songs were straightforward, such as classic compositions by Coltrane, Monk, Shorter… as they exist in canonical recordings. Tackling the Great American Songbook songs however, was more difficult as the original Broadway or film music versions usually have very different chords compared to what has become 'standard' harmony for jazz improvisation.
    Listen to various versions of a song when learning it and then choose your own preferred chords. That being said, there may still be actual mistakes where a sharp or a repeat bar line may have been left off. Please do let me know if you see something obviously amiss and also, if you find that some important songs aren't represented.

These chord charts are merely guidelines - not the absolute truth

⚠️ Be aware that importing this playlist over your existing Jazz 1350 will result in many duplicates as I have made little changes to many of the songs. If you can and don't have a lot of customized charts and playlists, the easiest thing will be to erase everything and start clean with the new playlist.

Apologies for not presenting a cleaner solution here, but it's a trade-off for giving you full control of the content in the app.
    Here's where you can grab just the 58 "newly added" charts

)BOB

Attached are images of a brief summary
    And a list of the changes to the main "get started" jazz playlist
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BE4338DA-995F-4212-8CD7-087A4BD8A513.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	578   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	737BDABD-8B5F-4893-BFF4-B3525C2FE032.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	579  

Many thanks for the info.
    So it sounds like I/we should delete the original 1350 then make sure that all devices and computers have synced and removed it also before downloading the new and improved versions ? .
    Funny Every Time We Say Goodbye is just a a can of worms. So many versions and I think the actual title is
    Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye (RB3) - Cole Porter
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsax View Post
    Many thanks for the info.
    So it sounds like I/we should delete the original 1350 then make sure that all devices and computers have synced and removed it also before downloading the new and improved versions ? .
    That's the "recommended" way. But... if (like me) you've removed the 1350 Playlist (but kept the songs) the task becomes much more daunting. Also, if any 1350 charts are in any of your other playlists, they'll disappear too.

If you are happy with the way things are..... you can just download the 58 "newly added" charts and keep on keepin' on...
    )BOB