Thread: iCloud Sync Problem

Default iCloud Sync Problem

Anybody here that has upgraded to Monterey (12.0.1) having trouble w/ the iCloud Sync after you upgraded? I keep getting prompted to login to my iCloud account & "enable iCloud Drive", which I do, but still no Sync.

When I go to Preferences -> Internet Accounts -> iCloud, it shows that I'm logged in w/ my Apple ID. There's a list of Apple apps & services there - the first one is iCloud Drive. There's an "Options" button to the Right of iCloud Drive, & when I click that it shows another (longer) list of apps that have check boxes for Syncing w/ iCloud - iReal is there, & the box is checked.

So, I'm logged into my iCloud account, & iReal is enabled as an app that Syncs w/ the iCloud Drive, but - no Sync. ??? I thought I'd post here rather than ther Apple "Support" Forums, many of the threads there are years old.

I can't help but Im having problem s also after upgrading to Monterey .
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Well, at least it's good (?!) to know that someone else is having this problem. I guess I'll go on a Mac forum & see if it's a common problem w/ Monterey (w/ other non-Apple apps). I'm sure the Apple "experts" will say it's the fault of the iReal developers...it's called "pass the buck".

Inside the iRp app - select More, General settings, iCloud Sync on/off....ON

I believe that sync must be enabled in more than one place (cloud, device, app)

https://technimo.helpshift.com/hc/en...ud-sync/?p=mac
    Contains links to more help pages

)BOB

My problem was Apple gave me two IDs. (Long story…remember MobilMe ?)
    App Store did not recognize that I ever purchased iRealpro …so no app and no cloud sync
    After hours and many different technicians with Apple support… And potential harm to my system… I sort of gave up… What saved me was simply logging out and logging back in again to my iCloud account. So if you haven’t tried that… Maybe give it a try ��
    Btw
    Logging out showed that I had purchased iReal pro and logging back in again gave me cloud sync .
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsax View Post
    My problem was Apple gave me two IDs. (Long story…remember MobilMe ?)
    App Store did not recognize that I ever purchased iRealpro …so no app and no cloud sync
    After hours and many different technicians with Apple support… And potential harm to my system… I sort of gave up… What saved me was simply logging out and logging back in again to my iCloud account. So if you haven’t tried that… Maybe give it a try ��
    Btw
    Logging out showed that I had purchased iReal pro and logging back in again gave me cloud sync .
    Yay!
    Thanks for letting us know
    )BOB

Old thread, I know, but my 2 laptops were syncing fine until one of the OS updates, can't remember which one. Both laptops say they're syncing but they're lying :-)