Thread: Bass only and N.C.

Default Bass only and N.C.

Just an idea:
    It would be nice to be able to use the N.C. along with a slash (ex: N.C./Eb) in order to have the player play the bass note only (without the chord).
    That would be a very useful feature

Would be a good option

Used to be able to do this easily on older versions of iReal. The blue oval icon allowed for a slash under which the bass note could be written. Not sure why that function was removed because it was quite useful

Alternatively, you can type w/ in the chord field followed by the bass note and that will achieve that result. On iOS devices, on the current version of this app, You will have to type W/ somewhere else on your phone, like in your message app or in your notes app, copy and paste it into the chord field followed by the desired bass note. You will see a blue oval appear on the chart when in editing mode

I think you misunderstood.
    I'm not talking about the visual aspect (no problem with that), but about what the player actually plays.
    What I need is the bass note only (without the preceding chord on the top). In other words, the bass alone without the piano or guitar

Quote Originally Posted by CyrilleB View Post
    I think you misunderstood.
    I'm not talking about the visual aspect (no problem with that), but about what the player actually plays.
    What I need is the bass note only (without the preceding chord on the top). In other words, the bass alone without the piano or guitar
    Like: N.C./Eb
    That could be useful.
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by PatCaseyBass View Post
    Used to be able to do this easily on older ANDROID versions of iReal. The blue oval icon allowed for a slash under which the bass note could be written. Not sure why that function was removed because it was quite useful
    Wasn’t removed in the latest ANDROID update.. Still there, just moved.
    Look here
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...7600#post67600

No need to post your issues in more than ONE thread.
    )BOB

Agree! I wouldn't mind being able to notate short bass figures, fills, and runs, too! Or rhythm charts...

What you want is what Band in a Box does, for hundreds of dollars more.