Thread: Windows 11 playing Android Apps

Default Windows 11 playing Android Apps

With Windows 11 around the corner, which has the most interesting feature of being able to run Android Apps, I wonder if Windows Users will finally get the opportunity to utilize iReal pro on their convertibles to the same extent as it is possible on Android devices.

Let's face it: BlueStacks and other Android players for Windows have a number of critical issues, that make them rather useless, if you ask me:

1. They usually do not support multitouch.
    2. They are developed mainly for games, which massively diminishes their useability for productive apps.
    3. They are usually based off a virtual machine, which uses up a set amount of system ressources, blocking them even when idle and being limited to them when in use.

As Windows 11 will link the Microsoft Store to the Amazon App Store to access and install Android apps, and iReal having withdrawn from Amazon recently, I want to ask: Are there any thoughts about returning to Amazon to finally create a useable iReal pro experience on Windows convertibles/detachables like the Surface Pro?

Good question. I just saw the announcement from Microsoft regarding Windows 11 support for running android apps. Great news until I saw, that Amazone App Store is not supported by iRealpro.
    I have tried to install iRealpro on Windows, having to install a Linux runtime (taking long and complex time, because I am not familiar with Linux), and the GUI was bad, really bad. So that was a no go for me.
    I hope irealPro will soon be available on Windows 11, where I have other music programs running, e.g. MuseScore (open source) for node editing an management.

Default Will iRealPro run on the coming Android runtime on Windows11

Microsoft will vey soon release an Android runtime on Windows.
    Will iRealPro support this new "device". Will it be tested and supported?
    Best Regards Finn
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 02-26-2022 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by FinnGr View Post
    Microsoft will vey soon release an Android runtime on Windows.
    Will iRealPro support this new "device". Will it be tested and supported?
    Best Regards Finn
    We are waiting for the Amazon App Store in Windows 11 to come out of beta before starting to test this.

Default Amazon AppStore version of iReal Pro

We have a link on our website:
    https://www.irealpro.com
    for the Amazon version for (supported) Windows 11 computers. (Microsoft's WSA is their software layer allowing supported Android apps at the Amazon AppStore to be installed and function).

See Microsoft's information page. Microsoft is continually updating WSA for the optimal functioning of Android apps.

Our Windows information here.
    This is a separate purchase, sorry transfers from any other App Store purchase is not possible.