Thread: Gordon Lightfoot songs

If anyone is interested in studying mandolin on-line with Matt Flinner, please head over to www.mattflinner.com

Flinner Gordon Lightfoot Jam (9)

Individual songs:
    Alberta Bound - Flinner - Gordon Lightfoot
    Beautiful - Flinner - Gordon Lightfoot
    Cobwebs And Dust - Flinner - Gordon Lightfoot
    Daylight Katy - Flinner - Gordon Lightfoot
    Don Quixote - Flinner - Gordon Lightfoot
    If You Could Read My Mind - Gordon Lightfoot
    Steel Rail Blues - Flinner - Gordon Loghtfoot
    Sundown - Flinner - Gordon Lightfoot
    Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald, The - Gordon Lightfoot
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-12-2021 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Copied here from elsewhere

Default R.I.P. Gordon Lightfoot

R.I.P. Gordon Meredith Lightfoot Jr. (November 17, 1938 – May 1, 2023) was a Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist who achieved international success in folk, folk-rock, and country music.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Lightfoot

https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAE...rdon+Lightfoot

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee
    Superior, they said, never gives up her dead
    When the gales of November come early…

(BOB

Default Bitter Green

Bitter Green - Gordon Lightfoot

Not sure if this meets the guidelines for submission or not. I'm still learning how to notate songs in iReal. I tried to use the ds al coda feature to get the form right (intro ABABABB), but couldn't figure it out. Comments/edits/suggestions appreciated.
    Last edited by dburns; 05-22-2023 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dburns View Post
    Bitter Green - Gordon Lightfoot

Not sure if this meets the guidelines for submission or not. I'm still learning how to notate songs in iReal. I tried to use the ds al coda feature to get the form right (intro ABABABB), but couldn't figure it out. Comments/edits/suggestions appreciated.
    Nice job. Looks like it works as you intend.A double bar to close the A and start the B would be good to eliminate the empty measure.
    )BOB

Thanks. And thanks for running a nice forum for some great software. I had used iReal pro a while back, but only on my MacBook, and not so much recently. Got involved with a new band last week, and they use iReal Pro -- a lot. So, I've revisited it. I'll have to upgrade my license so I can use it on my iPad tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by dburns View Post
    Thanks. And thanks for running a nice forum for some great software. I had used iReal pro a while back, but only on my MacBook, and not so much recently. Got involved with a new band last week, and they use iReal Pro -- a lot. So, I've revisited it. I'll have to upgrade my license so I can use it on my iPad tablet.
    Yeah, the iOS app (Android too) are different apps with separate development.
    The portability of tablets is great!
    Encourage your new band to start a sandbox thread to facilitate playlist and chart sharing.

https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...andbox-Threads

)BOB