Thread: General improvements for creating/editing charts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default General improvements for creating/editing charts

One thing that was really a let down for me with ireal pro, especially considering the cost is how lacking it is in terms of being user friendly to create your own charts. Really the most valuable part of the software, is the amazing library it has, which many users have uploaded, so, you'd think with all their success and revenue they must be raking in, that they'd want to make creating and editing charts as user friendly as possible, and would be more prepared to commit resources to that end, so their libraries can continue to grow.

I realize there's a PC version of ireal Pro, which might make it easier to program charts, but you have to pay for that also, and I really feel like I shouldn't pay them money for providing shortcomings in their app, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions, or other ideas, which would let me more easily create my own charts? Perhaps another 3rd party software I could use to save charts to ireal format or something like that?

Once you get familiar with the editor, it's very fast to edit charts. It's actually faster for me to edit a chart on IRP than writting a chart by hand on a piece of paper!
    Once you have memorized most of the chord suffixes, you don't even need to go to the chord library. You can just add chords directly with the keyboard, which is time saving.
    Of course, there's always a few things that could be improved (such as adding embedded rhythm notation fonts, adding a 4th ending, more rehearsal letters, more chord symbols, etc...).
    Some people might prefer a simple and basic interface with less features. Others might prefer a more advanced interface with more features. I personally prefer a more advanced interface with more features!

It is really not that difficult to become adept at using the editor. It just takes a little practice.