Thread: Jazz - Swing Two/Four ?

Default Jazz - Swing Two/Four ?

Hi, this feel was never in my list but I downloaded a song from the forum that had it. Before the 2020.1.1 update, as a workaround I was able to duplicate that chart and write another one using that feel. Now I can't, it just defaults to ballad.

Any way to get that feel in my list? I've purchased all the extra drum packs.

Quote Originally Posted by MissCast View Post
    Hi, this feel was never in my list but I downloaded a song from the forum that had it. Before the 2020.1.1 update, as a workaround I was able to duplicate that chart and write another one using that feel. Now I can't, it just defaults to ballad.

Any way to get that feel in my list? I've purchased all the extra drum packs.
    Do you mean in the style list in your editor from which you chose a style to label the chart, or do you mean the styles available in the player?

Open any chart, in the player controls select the displayed style, look through the available styles.
    Can you find Swing Two/Four? It is between Slow Swing and Trad Jazz in the Jazz Style Group.

What happens if you open a duplicate of any chart in the editor, go to the info page and edit the style
    (scroll to and select Swing Two-Four) save...?

See if these posts help

https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...1813#post21813

https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...playback-style

https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...from-Edit-Info

)BOB

THat's another issue. Ever since the latest update the styles don't seem to be grouped together, as in all the Jazz feels. And I have to hit edit to see the styles anyway. Am attaching a screenshot of what I see when I just open, not edit, a chart.

But no, it's not in there in either places and guess I couldn't attach the screenshot.

Those posts you cited are all pretty old. Yes, the drop down menu was at the bottom of the song page but don't see it in this version. Only place I see it is when you have editor open.
    Last edited by MissCast; 02-14-2021 at 09:48 PM.

Hello MissCast,
    do you have the iOS version or Mac version?

Just to clarify, the styles that appear in the Editor are different from the actual named styles the player has as playback options. The latter are grouped, Jazz, Latin, Pop, Blues. The ones you see in song INFO > Styles (listing in the Editor) list in alphabetical order, a dynamic list from all songs and what has been used in their INFO > Styles. This is what you see top left on any chart. They may not necessarily correspond to any actual style selected for playback.
    Information here:
    https://technimo.helpshift.com/a/ire...indicator&l=en

The reason why you had to import a song tagged with Jazz - Swing Two/Four, is because no other song in your library would have had Swing Two/Four (in any song's INFO > Styles). (Importing a song with this style is not necessary, there is a Custom option (or just type in the Mac version) in INFO > Styles, where you type in anything you wish, (e.g. typing in "Swing Two Four" should select that actual playback style after saving.) Thereafter, this choice should list in the Editor, INFO > Styles unless you have edited all songs with that style and changed all to any other style.
    Even if you have no songs in your library tagged with a certain style, all the playback styles the player can play will still list in the 4 categories (jazz, latin...) in the Player controls (bottom menu iOS).

Does this help explain, (if I understood your question correctly)?
    Thank you

Hi, I have purchased both Mac and IOS versions. Hey, typing in that feel worked! Great tip. THanks.

Great! Thanks for letting us know.

As you have discovered, the user interface is not the same in the Mac and iOS app versions.
    )BOB