Thread: Number notation minor key display options

Default Number notation minor key display options

With the current number system, in minor keys, the minor chord is considered as the 1st degree (in the key of A minor, the chord A minor is the number 1), which makes sense in my opinion
    However, in the country where I live (where they use extensively the number notation), they consider the A minor as the relative of C major. So in a key of A minor, they would use the number 6 for the A minor chord instead. So could it be possible to have both systems? (in order to share charts with those people)

Quote Originally Posted by CyrilleB View Post
    With the current number system, in minor keys, the minor chord is considered as the 1st degree (in the key of A minor, the chord A minor is the number 1), which makes sense in my opinion
    However, in the country where I live (where they use extensively the number notation), they consider the A minor as the relative of C major. So in a key of A minor, they would use the number 6 for the A minor chord instead. So could it be possible to have both systems? (in order to share charts with those people)

Wouldn’t simply resetting the default key of the chart to the relative major key solve the number-display issue you describe?

Attached is an image of the same Summertime chart with the default key set in both A- and C displayed using the Numbers font.

)BOB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A65E4F7D-DF39-4264-A30D-8E5B2D540C5C.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	548  

Yes, this is a good workaround
    However, I would prefer having an option in the setting that could set it for all the charts at once in my library instead of having to set it one by one! For one at a time, it's a good trick, though