Thread: Why is there an initial delay in playback?

Default Why is there an initial delay in playback?

When I click "Play" on my iPad (Air 2) there is a noticeable and inconsistent delay, complete with spinner, before the playback or count-in begins. Is there a way to avoid this? It makes it very difficult to sync what iRealPro is doing with something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Des1303 View Post
    When I click "Play" on my iPad (Air 2) there is a noticeable and inconsistent delay, complete with spinner, before the playback or count-in begins. Is there a way to avoid this? It makes it very difficult to sync what iRealPro is doing with something else.
    During the pause before the count-in starts, the iRp player is constructing a NEW complete, start to finish track that includes all the performance information, style selection and number of player repeats.

The midi-file for a short, simple chart may take less time to compile than for a long, complex chart with many repeats.

The player algorithm will play each repeat and new track a little differently each time. (just like improvising musicians)
    That's actually a feature.

If you pause play ⏸ (not stop ⏹) at the end of the count-in, the player will start immediately when you select play ▶️.

)BOB