Thread: Maj7#11 chord rejected by iRealPro

Default Maj7#11 chord rejected by iRealPro

Greetings!
    I’m new to this. For some reason. I can’t input a “Maj7#11” chord into Irealpro - does anyone know why?
    I type in “Maj7#11” and a window pops up “Cannot play Meas 13 because DbMaj7#11 cannot be played”. Yet the symbol “Maj7#11” is listed as one the platform recognizes.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhobbs View Post
    Greetings!
    I’m new to this. For some reason. I can’t input a “Maj7#11” chord into Irealpro - does anyone know why?
    I type in “Maj7#11” and a window pops up “Cannot play Meas 13 because DbMaj7#11 cannot be played”. Yet the symbol “Maj7#11” is listed as one the platform recognizes.
    Thanks!
    Use the “Delta” symbol ▵ instead of typing “Maj”.

iRp will recognize and play Db▵7#11

Be sure you are using the CHORD entry screen (it doesn’t have an M or a j) and not the text entry screen (abc) in the iRp app on your iPad.

On a Mac, the keyboard shortcut for ▵ is ^

)BOB

Thank you. So on one tune, I was able to successfully input “DbMaj7#11”. But just now, on another tune, I tried inputting DbMaj7#11 and it didn’t recognize it. I’m using the delta sign and “#11”. I wish this thing would just...work.

Thank you. So on one tune, I was able to successfully input “DbMaj7#11”.
    Great, so we know it works when entered correctly.

But just now, on another tune, I tried inputting DbMaj7#11 and it didn’t recognize it. I’m using the delta sign and “#11”. I wish this thing would just...work.
    Db▵7#11 is recognized, Db▵#11 is not.

Also, if anything extraneous is accidentally entered in the chord field, the chord won’t be recognizable.
    (eg. a space as the first (or any) character)
    I accidentally fat-finger stuff all the time on touch screens.

Try selecting your chord from the menu of recognized qualities. (Quality button adjacent to the entry field)

)BOB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5537F4A3-4C48-4594-95FC-AC779388671A.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	549  

Crazy - for me at least, you have to add a ‘7’’ after the delta sign: “Db^7#11’. Triangle IS Maj7, so that’s weird, but hey.....whatev!
    Last edited by Dhobbs; 02-25-2021 at 02:16 PM.

Crazy - for me at least, you have to add a ‘7’’ after the delta sign: “Db^7#11’. Triangle IS Maj7, so that’s weird, but hey.....whatev!
    .....whatev!
    Happy to help you.
    )BOB

I agree, there are a few inconsistencies with chords symbols in IRP. But it's unlikely to be changed because it would require every users to update all their charts

Looking at all the chord options which ARE available in IRP, I see this as just a minor issue.