Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Motorola Razr XT910

Default Problem with Motorola Razr XT910

Hi,
    I have the following problem with my Razr and irealb:
    The sound output is kind of distorted, it seems like jitter on a CD or a sort of crackling.
    I am sure the loudspeaker is ok, as navigation and handsfree work fine.
    The problem persists if you listen via headphone.
    Thanks for your help,
    Guenne

Default Have you tried playing other music on this phone?

How does that music sound? Perhaps the software codec they used for the sound is geared more for voice than music.

Quote Originally Posted by dorsal900 View Post
    How does that music sound? Perhaps the software codec they used for the sound is geared more for voice than music.
    I'm not sure if I understand you correctly.
    Music sounds awesome compared to other Android phones I had, and quite good compared to my iPhone 4s.
    Music produced by irealb sounds distorted or better, there is this "background crackle".
    Greetings,
    Guenne

Default I don't know which format the iRealB music is generated

OK, you established that MP3 music files play well, i.e. "awesome compared to other Android phones I had". My guess is that iRealB does not encode in MP3 format, other wise it would also sound "awesome". Need someone with more knowledge than I have on the workings of iRealB to chime in here.

It's the first I hear of such a problem so I'm not sure what could cause it.
    I assume you have restarted to phone.
    If the problem persists I'll be happy to refund your purchase.
    Massimo.

support@irealb.com

Hi,
    I have bought the program ealier and was able to use it on an Xperia Arc S and an SGS II without problems.
    Maybe I could record the sound and send it to you.
    I don't expect a refund, the program is great, good work Would be nice if it would work on this highclass phone.
    Greetings,
    Guenne
    Last edited by Guenne; 11-25-2011 at 05:15 PM.

You could try reinstalling iReal b. First, create a playlist (or several - maximum of about 100 songs each) to backup to email (forum playlists can be downloaded again so backing up these is not necessary.) Delete the app, then reinstall via the Market. There are some exercises within the app so you could test with those. Restart your phone again.
    Are other audio apps ok?
    You could also test with turning off wireless/3G etc. or other apps that might be working in the background.

Hi,
    I have tried this before. It did not help. No problem though with similar apps like Easy Band or Chordbot.
    Greetings

Hi,
    here we go...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Why I asked my first queston about file format

A few years ago, I worked on developing a media player product that used TI's OMAP 2430 chips; your phone uses a newer version of this chip. We had a similar problem with certain audio files and it was due to the selection of the audio path within the OMAP chip, which can be varied by file type/codec used for decoding - the huge flexibility is a mixed blessing. If iRealB uses a more obscure audio encoding format (i.e. not MP3) and Motorola's engineers didn't test playback of this format very thoroughly, you will get results similar to the sample you posted - distortion, clicks and pops.

It would be great if the moderator could answer the question: "what is the audio file format used by iRealB?". My gut is that this problem is due to a software issue in the phone, but I can't prove anything.