Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That Girl Over There - Ralph Chicorel

Quote Originally Posted by engelbach View Post
    That's a really fine compliment, Dan. Thanks very much.

And thanks for the lead sheet.

Since it doesn't specify the bass notes for those the three Gm chords, if you want to put the moving notes from them in the bass they would be Gm/G - Gm#7/F# - Gm7/F. And you could continue the bass progression by putting an E in the bass of the next C9 chord.

It's a nice romantic tune.

Cheers,
    Jer
    Thanks, Jerry. I'm trying to figure out how to upload Dad's tune here (it's stored on my other Mac/iTunes) and more of his music online for free. You can find some on Soundcloud.com either under my site (dcjazzguitar) or possibly under his name Ralph Chiocrel. If interested of course He's approaching 90, still composing/recording. He's made over 15? Albums or CDs. And two musicals. But mostly for family and friends these past 20 years. I'm trying to change that awareness while he's still with us If you Google Ralph Chicorel, you might find some interesting tales about him. He was in a lawsuit over the copywriter of Strangers in the Night back in the '60s. He wrote a tune called You Are My Love. I'd love for you to hear some of his stuff, knowing your taste in music, I'd be surprised if you didn't love his stuff

Thanks again for the suggestions, duly noted and will look to check it out.

As soon as several of your dad's tunes are iRp charts, I’ll start a Ralph Chicorel songs thread.
    Is is still dancing?
    )BOB