Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That Girl Over There - Ralph Chicorel

Default That Girl Over There - Ralph Chicorel

This is a song my dad wrote. On the second time through when it's supposed to go back to the top, it does for only 4 bars and repeats back to measure 1 when it should be going to measure 5 on the way to the B section/2nd ending. I can't seem how to fix this!!! Any help with it would be appreciated.

That Girl Over There 1 (issue W Turnaround ) - Ralph Chicorel

Does this play as you want?

That Girl Over There 1 (issue W Turnaround ) 1 - Ralph Chicorel

Form:
    IN, AABA the form plays twice, taking the coda the final time.

I revised the spacing, removed the Segno, DS instruction, final repeat bracket and added rehearsal marks.

Helpful info
    Chart Layout Conventions
    http://www.irealb.com/forums/showthr...&p=301#post301

When sharing songs of your own composition, if you could include a link to either an audio file or YouTube, your original chord chart would have some context for others

)BOB

Danchic,

In the bridge, are those the correct bass notes under the series of G minor chords?

Cheers,
    Jer
    Jerry Engelbach
    Pianist • Arranger • Composer
    Pátzcuaro, Michoacán, México
    Music Website
    Art Website
    The Internationale Website

Hi Bob. Not having requested something before, didn't know and I would agree. I'll check out your corrections. And will try and find the file to match the request. I'll let you know what I learn.

Default Chords?

Hi Jerry. Thank you for feedback. Im attempting to send the lead sheet so you can see for yourself. Though I can't figure out how or where to do so.

Hi Bob, it does! I'll have to study what you did. Because for the life of me, couldn't fix it. I'm trying to figure out how to upload the song, for context. Thank you!

By the way Jerry. I enjoyed listening to your music on your website and want to circle back to hear again. Regards - Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Danchic View Post
    Hi Bob, it does! I'll have to study what you did. Because for the life of me, couldn't fix it. I'm trying to figure out how to upload the song, for context. Thank you!
    That odd unintended repeat of the 1st 4 bars of the A is probably the player's way of responding to instructions it doesn’t understand. The unnecessary final repeat bracket and Segno / DS instruction may have conflicted with the 1st & 2nd ending Volta’s. Form repeats are set by the player repeat setting. Using DS al Coda will include the coda as part of the repeating form.
    https://irealpro.com/how-the-coda-sy...-in-ireal-pro/

Thanks for sharing your dad's chart.
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by Danchic View Post
    By the way Jerry. I enjoyed listening to your music on your website and want to circle back to hear again. Regards - Dan
    That's a really fine compliment, Dan. Thanks very much.

And thanks for the lead sheet.

Since it doesn't specify the bass notes for those the three Gm chords, if you want to put the moving notes from them in the bass they would be Gm/G - Gm#7/F# - Gm7/F. And you could continue the bass progression by putting an E in the bass of the next C9 chord.

It's a nice romantic tune.

Cheers,
    Jer
    Jerry Engelbach
    Pianist • Arranger • Composer
    Pátzcuaro, Michoacán, México
    Music Website
    Art Website
    The Internationale Website