Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help with repeat from top?

Default help with repeat from top?

I am trying to get ireal pro to run through the song once and then go back to the top. It's a little complicated because I also have a repeat embedded within it, so I assume I need a segno or capo symbol somewhere. I am just not sure how to do that in ireal pro. I suppose I can remove the embedded repeat and replace it with copy/paste of the repeated section, but that seems wasteful. Here is the chart. You'll see that it's the part when I manually wrote, back to intro:

Meet Me At The Silver Dollar - Michel Neray and Joanna Butler

Thanks!
    Last edited by VocalChords; 08-05-2020 at 06:17 PM.

It's not clear to me what you want the form to be.

You say, "run through the song once..." but the chart has that pesky repeat at the end of C.

Is it?:
    IN, AABC, AABC, IN, AABC, CODA

Clearly describe your desired form (as above) and we'll help you figure out what's needed.
    )BOB

OK, thanks. Hoping this will clear it up:

Intro A B C Intro A B C (then last 2 measures of D).

Where A is repeated in both occurrences.

basically, I want that pesky repeat at the end of C to go back to the very top.
    Last edited by VocalChords; 08-05-2020 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VocalChords View Post
    OK, thanks. Hoping this will clear it up:

Intro A B C Intro A B C (then last 2 measures of D).

Where A is repeated in both occurrences.

basically, I want that pesky repeat at the end of C to go back to the very top.

Ok, back to the very top....and then what? Onward to the bottom of the chart and stop?
    Like this?
    IN AABC AABC D IN AABC D ?
    D = your interlude/coda
    )BOB

yes, after it goes back to the very top, it should run through to very bottom. (including the repeat in the middle)

While there are different ways to have the player follow your arrangement, this is what I chose.

Meet Me At The Silver Dollar 1 - Michel Neray-Joanna Butler

It works correctly with the player repeats set to 1x.

After IN AABC AABC D, the Da Capo instruction takes us back to the top, for the final IN AABC then jumping to the coda (avoiding the repeat).

When sharing songs of your own composition, if you could include a link to either an audio file or YouTube, your original chord chart would have some context for others.

Thanks for sharing
    )BOB

Thanks Bob, It's closer, and you certainly made it look nicer so THANK YOU!!! The way it is now, it still goes back the the verse on the first full repeat instead the very top. I am going to try editing your document to move the D.C. notation. My problem has been where to find the D.C. notation... I don't see it on my menu!

sigh, I still can't get it, although this is closer. I have 2 problems with this.

1. I would like to NOT have to write out the A part twice. I would rather use a repeat if possible.
    2. On the second way through, I would like to repeat the c section. (The recording I have doesn't repeat do this, which is why I have not uploaded it.)

maybe this is clearer, but it takes up more space:

That's easier.

By including the intro in the form it plays every time the player repeats the form.
    Don’t use a repeat bracket at the end of C.

Set the player to repeat 2x (or as many times as you like).

Meet Me At The Silver Dollar 2 - Michel Neray-Joanna Butler

)BOB