Thread: Copying into a new song

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Copying into a new song

How do i copy chords from a new song i was entering and ran out of measures into a new song with more measures? Copy and paste does not work.
    Last edited by theodop; 08-03-2020 at 10:24 AM. Reason: additional info

Quote Originally Posted by theodop View Post
    How do i copy chords from a new song i was entering and ran out of measures into a new song with more measures? Copy and paste does not work.
    Are you trying to copy and paste too much content for the space available on the 2nd chart?

You may have to edit and condense song1 before copying into song2.

What device are you using?

Here are instructions for iOS
    https://technimo.helpshift.com/a/ire...tor&l=en&p=ios

You can post your "work in progress" chart(s) here for more specific help.

)BOB

i'm working on a Mac laptop, so i can't drag my finger. if i drag across the whole song, i can then copy it. When i select a larger blank song, pasting has no effect.

theodop
    Pete Theodore

i'm working on a Mac laptop, so i can't drag my finger. if i drag across the whole song, i can then copy it. When i select a larger blank song, pasting has no effect.

theodop
    Pete Theodore
    Hi Pete.

This is all I know: (I’m not a Mac user)
    https://technimo.helpshift.com/a/ire...847&l=en&p=mac

In OSX look under: Help/Tutorials and Help/Help & Support for more.

Perhaps others (Mac users) will add to the discussion.

If your "work in progress" chart was posted here, perhaps I could be of more specific help.
    A big, full-page chart using 4-space measures will NOT automatically condense if copied into a template using 2-space bars.
    You must manually condense it one bar at a time by deleting individual spaces.

I'm moving this thread to the Mac forum
    )BOB

Hello, there are two things I can suggest.
    1 make sure you are in edit mode for the song you want to copy from, (not in song view where, if you drag your mouse over the measures, it will be selecting a loop).
    2 in the blank song, click on a space before you paste (cmd-V). If you notice in the editor palette, the focus is in the chord field (it is highlighted) as if you are going to type (or select from the dropdown menu) a letter for the first chord, like F or C. By clicking into the chart you bring focus to the chart area, so your paste should then work. If it does not work the first time, try another click into another space.
    Does this information help?

The paste worked, but, even though i chose 96 measures, it only entered the measures in the original song. i could not enter more chords.
    i think i will just print out the chords and reenter them manually into a larger matrix of measures.

Thanks

Hi Pete.

This info may be useful
    PLAYER CHARTS vs. READER CHARTS
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...5854#post25854
    )BOB

The paste worked, but, even though i chose 96 measures, it only entered the measures in the original song. i could not enter more chords...
    The paste would adhere to the placement of the barlines in the original. When you copy, it remembers where the barlines are and spacing (in other words the barline placement are copied also, not just the chords).
    So if you are trying to reduce the size of each measure, use this information:
    https://technimo.helpshift.com/a/ire...-bar-size&l=en
    where you would have to reduce the spacing between the measures. Also use the small Font size to fit in better.
    If you do this from the beginning of your song (or the beginning of your paste) then you will see space available at the end as the measures are condensed.

Copy and paste was greyed out for me in the new blank song and I could not get to work even though I was sure I'd none it before. Then i left clicked the cursor on the blank song and I then had the option to paste again. I guess it needed to know where it was going to paste before it un-greyed out the paste option.