Thread: xml export - a "B" in every measure?

Default xml export - a "B" in every measure?

Hello,
    when I make a xml export, I export not only the chords but also a note...a "B" in every measures (the number of Bs depends on the number of chords in the measure)that I must manually delete in the Notation software.
    I don't know where the Bs come from but is there a way to avoid this?
    Thanks.

You should be able to run a filter in your notation software (after Select All), then either filter for the chord symbols (then copy/paste into another song form) or select the "B" notes and delete.
    Does this make sense? What software are you using?

Hello,
    Thanks for your answer. I use Musescore, BIAB on my Mac and Symphony Pro5 with my IPAD.
    With BIAB, not a real problem because the notes are imported as Melody and you can kill easily the whole melody. With Musescore, you have to select the notes and delete them. Not the best but it works. With Symphony Pro, when I delete the notes I delete also the chord symbols at the same time! And that’s the problem! I can of course export to BIAB, clean and import in Symphony Pro but it makes things complicated when they could be simple, if I can say.

I think you should be able to select the Chords instead, then copy into a new song (Select to end, Select Special, Text elements, Chord symbols, Copy).
    Does this work?

Yes, it works but why is Ireal exporting this B? Thanks.

It secures which beat the chords are on. See attached as an example.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Symp Pro.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	532

Please compare the chords after import (mainly related to jazz chords) to make sure they are the same or equivalent chord symbols. There is some variability in music XML files in the way they are prepared (saved), then interpreted (displayed) after import, depending on each app.
    For instance Dø could display as D or Dm7b5 instead; or F7#11 as F depending on the chord symbols available (or accepted).

(This is quite common even between two notation programs, where various elements, e.g. note placements, tuplets, spanning slurs are not interpreted or displayed as in the other program.)

Ok. Thanks