Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: sukiW charts

Second Blues - Suki Wessling

My Romance SukiW - Richard Rodgers

Hi Suki
    My favorite part of My Romance is the lovely descending chromatic bass-line in the C section...9 notes in a row!
    Example:
    My Romance - Bass Line - Richard Rodgers

The iRp player can’t do it, but I also love just a hint of a Fermata on the Db.

Keep well
    )BOB

Oh, that's nice! I also put a fermata on the Db...when I'm playing with a live band. I'd love the iReal bass and drums to be a bit more customizable... and it would be great if the fermata actually worked, like if it suddenly changed the beats to 50% as fast and then went back to normal on the next beat.

Suki

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    Hi Suki
    My favorite part of My Romance is the lovely descending chromatic bass-line in the C section...9 notes in a row!
    Example:
    My Romance - Bass Line - Richard Rodgers

The iRp player canít do it, but I also love just a hint of a Fermata on the Db.

Keep well
    )BOB

Default Adding in Bob's bass line!

My Romance SukiW - Richard Rodgers

Fermata, Ritardondo etc. are very difficult to get right with a midi-player because in most performance settings we're following visual cues. The duration of a vocal fermata is often dependent on the mood of the singer at the moment. I watch the vocalist and wait for their p/u to get rolling again. Folks have asked for it though. Who's driving the bus is the question. In ballads, it's the singer, swing it's the bass (though some drummers might disagree), chorale has the conductor. With the iRp player, it's the unforgiving midi-clock.
    )BOB

Lullaby Of Birdland SukiW - George Shearing

Desafinado SukiW - Antonio-Carlos Jobim

Just for fun try singing desafinado to Latin-Cuban Cha-Cha @125, Rhodes1 ~80%, Fretless bass 100% drums ~60% Rev.~40%

(My melodica playalong settings +@135)

)BOB