Thread: How to play a playlist - Newbie

Default How to play a playlist - Newbie

I purchased ireal and to start I wanted to just play along to a playlist.

I picked the blues playlist, imported it to my phone, all good. Then I wanted to play it, I clicked on it, the list of songs comes up but nowhere do I see a "play" button!

I clicked a song, the chords came up, I click a chord and up pops a control section where I can play the song. Great, but the song finishes and that's it. Where is a simple button to just play the playlist?

So I went to the "Beginners start here" post to read some instructions. On there, the first link is "Documentation," great. Click there and I get a list of things like how to change chords, fonts, adding intros, even "input a song in 3 minutes."

But a beginner just wants to hit a playlist and play some songs!! I'm sure I'll figure it out, but wow that should be the simplest and most intuitive thing you can do.

gabo

You're on the right track gabo.

The iRp player can only play one song at a time.

https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...play-playlists

It's been requested
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...n-for-Playlist

Look here
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...05-User-Manual

)BOB

Wow, if I can't play a playlist, then the playlist is worthless. I am a drummer, I have to put down my sticks and fiddle with my phone after every song? That's not acceptable. I guess I just wasted $13.99! Oh well, no biggie.

Thanks, gabo
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 05-19-2020 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Duplicate post removed

Quote Originally Posted by gabo4 View Post
    Wow, if I can't play a playlist, then the playlist is worthless. I am a drummer, I have to put down my sticks and fiddle with my phone after every song? That's not acceptable. I guess I just wasted $13.99! Oh well, no biggie.

Thanks, gabo
    1. Open iReal pro on your phone
    2. Open the playlist
    3. Select the 1st song chart
    4.. Place your phone on a surface where you can see and reach it.
    5. Tap the chart (if necessary) to reveal the player controls, tap the play icon ▶️
    6. When the song ends, take one finger, swipe left (to the next song) tap play
    7. Take a breath (while the song loads)
    8. Have fun, repeat (just like the many thousands of others that are using this great app all the time)

I am a drummer,
    Uh-huh
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 05-21-2020 at 09:09 PM.

Thanks, gabo
    Gabo, you can request a refund from Google or Apple (they both allow a little time straight after purchase to evaluate an app).

(This probably won't be very useful for you Gabo, but others reading this might like the idea depending on their needs: the audio file of songs can be exported and imported into a music player app. Most allow randomising what is played.)

Thanks for the suggestions. I won't ask for a refund, my money might go towards someone adding playing a playlist to the app. Then it will auto-update on my phone and I'll consider using it. Playlist is a misnomer, it's just a list, not a PLAY list.

No need to export, import, create playlists, etc. I currently use spotify to play along with playlists all the time. Of course those songs all already have drums, but I've done it for so long it's not really a problem. I just purchased this app thinking it would be cool while quarantined to play along with songs without drums.

But there are other avenues for drummer-less songs, so no worries. Too many other options to go through all the "swipe your phone to the left" "pick your nose" "take a deep breath" and play along scenario. Especially now that restrictions are loosening and the band-mates and other musicians here that get together regularly and play can go back to doing that.

But, maybe some day ireal will become an option. Thanks for all the help guys, good luck and enjoy some music!

gabo