Thread: Ability to send MIDI event to change Keyboard patch when selecting songs

Cool Ability to send MIDI event to change Keyboard patch when selecting songs

Hi there,

This is my first post on this forum and i'd like to take a moment to thank the community and the devs for all the hard work they do on iRealPro. As a musician which needs a repertoire of 450 songs I'd be absolutely lost without the app and the shared chords on the forum!

Whilst iReel is an unbelievable tool for band musicians, I wondered if the addition of adding some sort of MIDI Event funcuallity would be of interest to people or if it was even something which was possible??
    I sometimes think it would make selecting patches in a live performance so much easier if there was a way for the app send MIDI instructions to my keyboard and change the patches. Depending on what chord sheet is loaded up would reflect on the patch called up on the keyboard.

Hope I've explained it okay

Thanks
    Scott

Hello Scott, yes you are clear on what you are asking, thank you.
    There might be an app, where you can link a PDF (the chart from iReal Pro), an audio file (that song shared from iReal Pro) if required, and able to send out the midi data when it is called up.

Thank you for the swift reply. I think I've found an app which does what you say. Not sure I like the idea of using another app I'd much prefer to stay as much as possible on iReal Pro. Is midi commands a feature that could be added to iReal Pro in the future?
    Many thanks.

We may look into this in the future, and having it listing here as a future idea helps remind us.
    We are currently working on other parts of the app at the moment. That is why I suggested looking for some other kind of app for now. I can see the advantage of not having to export audio files and PDFs of each song, and having this built in to iReal Pro.

However feel free to share your solutions here if you would like. There may be others wanting to do the same or similar.