Thread: How to repeat a section that already includes repeats?

Default How to repeat a section that already includes repeats?

Hi everyone, somebody could help if I have a section (e.g. section A) what symbols am I supposed to use at the start and/or at the end of the section to make iRealRo repeat it? And how many times can I make it repeat and how can I do it? Thank You very much for your precious help

Use the repeat brackets in the editor {: and :}

Example chart:
    Repeat Brackets - Example

Text menu
    https://technimo.helpshift.com/a/ire...c-al-coda&l=en

For help with a specific chart, please post your chart and describe the issue.

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 05-02-2020 at 04:02 PM.

Default How to repeat section

Dear Bob, thanks for your answer. Repeat brackets are known to me, the problem is that the section that I want to be repeated already includes some repeat barckets in itself, and the last repeat bracket goes back not to the start of the whole section, but only to the last but one repeat barcket. Sound difficult, right? I am trying to send you the song I wrote, where the task would be section “A” to be repeated 3 times. How can I send you the song? Here somehow or you give me an email?

Odd Couple parafrázis 02 - Istvan Simonovits

Ok Bob, I sent you the song. So how to repeat section A 3 times? thanks for your precious help in advance.

The reason for repeat brackets, segno. DS, DC and ending voltas is to save "ink" and space.
    Space is at a premium in iReal pro due to the single-page limitation.
    When the tricky space-saving devices don’t work for some reason and there's not enough room to write out the phrase again, the only option remaining is to condense the needed measures to fit into the space available.
    On some charts, that’s not possible to do and still have the chart be readable.
    Fortunately, on this chart it is possible.

AAA B Coda

Odd Couple parafrázis 3 - Istvan Simonovits

More:
    PLAYER CHARTS vs. READER CHARTS
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...5854#post25854

Also, you are encouraged to share your songs in the Forums.
    When sharing songs of your own composition, if you can include a link to either an audio file or YouTube, your original chord chart will have some context for others.

It's best to solve chart issues in posts on the forums rather than by email so that others canl learn as well.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 05-03-2020 at 04:03 AM.

Dear Bob, thanks a lot for your help. So as I understand here the only solution is to omit the repeat brackets within the repeatable section, condense as many measures as possible, then use repeat brackets for the whole section. Thank you again. Have a nice Sunday.

Here is another way to have the A-section (as written) play 3 times followed by the B and Coda.

Since the B plays once, make it part of the coda.(plays once at the end of the final player repeat)

SET THE PLAYER TO REPEAT 3x

Odd Couple parafrázis 4 - Istvan Simonovits

)BOB

Thank you Bob, but section B is played not only once. Section A is always played twice, while the other sections are played only once, each time the whole song is repeated. I do appreciate your help though.

To repeat section A in iRealPro, place repeat bar lines (: around it for playback. Specify repeat count with text in the last measure (e.g., 2x) or set it in Player options. Nested repeats within A are possible using additional bar lines and text instructions. Maximum repeat count is 30x per section. For advanced repeats or complex structures, consider using DS, DC, or coda symbols with segno markers. Good luck!