Thread: Practice Mode Interface changed?

Default Practice Mode Interface changed?

Has there been a recent change to the Practice Mode Interface? It used to indicate whether you were moving up a Perfect 4th for example in addition to the number of half steps, now it only says "Transpose Up by 5 Half Steps at Every Repeat"

Yes it changed. Did you prefer the previous?

Default Practice Mode loses state

Hi,

When I am using practice mode (practice tempo/transposition), the states for both are lost when I switch between songs (they reset). They also reset if I'm increasing the tempo, which is not ideal. I think this is a regression, since those states used to persist while I'm using the app. Could you please look into this?

I am using version 2020.9 (200922) on MacOS Catalina 10.15.6

Best,
    Sean
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 12-02-2020 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Moved to existing discussion thread

I think there have been some regressions with the new update. The practice mode keeps resetting whenever I adjust any setting like tempo, repeats, etc.. It's a pain to make sure that the practice tempo/transposition settings are what I want it to be throughout using the application.

The change where the practice mode turns off when another song is chosen (or swipe) is intentional, not a bug, however it should not turn off if you change tempo or repeat setting.
    We had many not cancelling it, then wondering why there were problems the next time they played a song.
    Also the practice setting might need to be changed for the newly selected song, depending on its key or difficulty.

Hi dlat, hope you are having a good holiday week. I see. I'm experiencing the bug where if I change the tempo, it will reset the song's practice mode tempo setting.

I would kindly suggest thinking about the setting so that the practice mode setting is slightly more consistent with the other settings for a song. I would prefer being able to set the practice mode setting in stone for a song and have it not change when I come back to it. So if I set the setting to 5 tempo increase per repeat for Song 1, and then change the song to Song 2, Song 1 should still have the tempo increase setting.

All the best,
    Sean

Thank you Sean for your feedback!
    I will pass this on to the team.

Thanks! Happy new year!