Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: iReal Pro Won't Play Through Audio Interface.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    4

    Default iReal Pro Won't Play Through Audio Interface.

    New to iReal Pro. The problem I'm having is, iReal Pro won't play through my MBox Pro 3 audio interface, even though it's selected in the audio selector near the volume control and also in preferences. I can get iReal to play through the MBox if I select it in the Mac OS Sound preferences but none of my other audio applications require this so, either I'm overlooking something or there's a bug.
    Last edited by chrlswtt; 05-01-2020 at 07:20 AM.

  2. #2

    Default

    There's another Mbox thread, though it may not apply here...
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...n-I-press-play

    It suggests opening iRp before Mbox...
    )BOB

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    There's another Mbox thread, though it may not apply here...
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...n-I-press-play

    It suggests opening iRp before Mbox...
    )BOB
    Thanks for the reply. I tried the suggestion but ended with the same results, I had previously. It's like iRp is ignoring the preference settings and the the Volume pop-up menu. I just made the purchase this evening so, tomorrow I'll see what adverse effects I'll have routing the Mac's audio output, iRp and Guitar Amp Sims, through the Mbox Pro 3, all at the same time. So far, I'm impressed with the quality of the backing tracks but the audio bug(?) would have been a deal breaker, if I could have tried before I bought iRp.
    Last edited by chrlswtt; 05-01-2020 at 07:21 AM.

  4. #4

    Default

    Thanks for the info. Anything else you can tell us may help us.
    )BOB

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    Thanks for the info. Anything else you can tell us may help us.
    )BOB
    Other than using the MBox Pro 3 with Logic Pro X, I also use it with Tidal, Audirvana, Elmedia Player and a bunch of other audio/video apps. Select the MBox as the output device and it works as expected. I'm still using Mojave (ironically because the MBox driver is 32 bit) but other than that, no problems.
    Last edited by chrlswtt; 04-16-2020 at 01:13 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,920

    Default

    Hello, sorry we have a bug with the audio menu (version 2020.2). We are currently working on a fix. You might be able to select your audio interface in your Mac System Prefs>Sound>Output, and choose the System setting in the iReal Pro menu.
    Thank you for reporting this. Sorry for the problem.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrlswtt View Post
    ...The problem I'm having is, iReal Pro won't play through my MBox Pro 3 audio interface, even though it's selected in the audio selector near the volume control and also in preferences.
    Could you please tell us what Mac OS version you have? Thank you.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    Could you please tell us what Mac OS version you have? Thank you.
    Sorry I missed the request for my Mac OS but the problem has been fixed with the current release 2020.3. Kudos and many thanks for the speedy resolution.
    Last edited by chrlswtt; 05-01-2020 at 03:49 AM.

  9. #9

    Default

    Good to hear
    )BOB

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrlswtt View Post
    Sorry I missed the request for my Mac OS but the problem has been fixed with the current release 2020.3. Kudos and many thanks for the speedy resolution.
    Thank you, we were going to inform you here, the update had been released. Thank you for verifying the update has worked.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Do you have any questions?

Check out our Support page

Sign up to our newsletter
Join us