Thread: Different styles in the same tune

Default Different styles in the same tune

Is there away to have different play back styles in one tune? Example: a section is Latin, b section is swing

Thanks,

Zach

There is a jazz style that does exactly that - on first (and I think last also) chorus the A sections are Latin and the B (or B and C) sections are swing. You need to buy the jazz style
    Pack.
    Let me add in here for the developers that it would be great if that behavior were possible to set (as in a kind of switch maybe, or a different style button) for the whole song/all repetitons also. For example, I like to solo when performing on night in Tunisia keeping the style changes always, but I can't do that with iRealb - would be nice to.
    You could create a separate button in the style picker called "Latin/swing all" (or something like that).
    Respect.

What I do now for most tunes is create an interesting chord progression/arrangement, then save as WAV to re-import into iTunes for live performance. But for more complex or interesting tunes, I may save it at the same tempo in several styles or variations. Then I go into Adobe Audition or Digital Performer and mix and match the tracks to get the arrangement i want - change style, copy/paste tag endings or intros, etc.

Not as simple as pressing Play, but it lets me avoid boredom from too much same old swing or pop grooves. And only takes a couple minutes, no big deal.

I still desperately need a good jazz shuffle, though. The rock shuffle is good for rock, but unusable for jazz grooves. And the swing isn't beefy enough for real down-home blues. (But they are both great for what they do - I'm not complaining, just wishing/hinting for the next Style Pack.. This is a ridiculously amazing app...)

BTW, the Latin/Swing is awesome - and works perfectly with the Latin for external editing.
    Last edited by thesoundsmith; 11-04-2011 at 04:01 AM.