Thread: buttons at bottom of player not working in iOS5

Default buttons at bottom of player not working in iOS5

I was surprised not to see other remarks about this. I'm using the most recent version of iReal b with iOS5. I was delighted to see that the player window in the new version now allows you to set number of repetitions without going through the extra window with tumblers, but then I noticed that the option to loop just several bars was gone... then I discovered that there are extra buttons at the bottom of the player when the iPad is in portrait mode and one of the buttons appears to be a loop button ... but none of the buttons work!

Anyone know what's up?

So I'm going to answer my own post... I just tried fully quitting iReal b by killing it in the mutitasking menu ribbon (double-tap button on front of iPad, hold any app icon till they all wiggle and show red minus icons, click on minus icon to kill app.) I then launched iReal b anew and everything worked fine (including the buttons at the bottom of the player showing up in landscape mode.)

I will report if I get this crash again.

Yes, please let us know if you se this behavior again.

I'm having the same problem after upgrading to ios 5. I quit the program and restarted my iPad and it did
    not fix the problem. Any other ideas would be appreciated?

Thanks,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SPA22 View Post
    ... Any other ideas would be appreciated?
    Hello Steve. You could run a Settings>Backup so you do not lose your songs, delete the app, restart your device, download iReal b again and test. (If still faulting, restart iOS device then test again.)

I have uninstalled, reinstalled and still has the buttons disappear in landscape mode. When in portrait mode they only bring up the ghost menu around the chart. Any ideas? All happened with the iOS 5 update. Thanks!

---update---

I was trying different things... If I were to go into "song" edit mode(the pencil at the bottom menu) and do nothing and exit, it seemed to make the buttons at the bottom work. I did it twice on different songs. Not sure why this worked, but it did.
    Last edited by JazzyJaye; 10-19-2011 at 11:11 AM.

Hello guys,
    Thanks for point this out.
    I've been able to reproduce this bug.

It happens when you start the app in landscape mode and open the player directly.
    I will fix the issue for the next update.
    In the meantime if you force quit the app and open the player controls when the iPad is in portrait mode you can then turn it to landscape without problems.