Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ditching the automatic final chord

Default Ditching the automatic final chord

I have quite a few songs that switch to a different key (ending up in a different key than the one set in the chart). It's quite annoying when IRP plays the final chord based on the key that have been set. Let's say if a song starts in Bb and the ending goes a half step up, in B, the player would end the song with a Bb, which is kind of weird
    So I was thinking that either simply removing this automatic final chord or having an option to turn it on or off would solve this issue. We can always add a final chord manually in the chart so I don't really see the purpose of having it automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by CyrilleB View Post
    ...having an option to turn it on or off would solve this issue...
    The automatic ending chord can be turned off on any chart by placing the END command.

https://technimo.helpshift.com/a/ire...l=en&p=android

I understand you would prefer the ability to turn it off globally.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-02-2020 at 12:52 PM.

Hello Bob,
    This is not the way it works with IRP.
    If you have a final section in a song that repeats a certain amount of time and you put an "END" marker at the last bar, the player will stop the song before it even start to repeat the section. I need the player to finish the song!

Please post your chart so I can look at it in the editor.
    )BOB

Here's a song where the last chord is supposed to end on the 2nd beat. There's a key change so instead of ending on a C#m it ends on a Bm because of the automatic ending. If I put a END command in this situation, it will end on the 1st beat instead of the second beat. Without the automatic ending, it would be perfect!
    Ev'rybody Wants To Be A Cat - Huddleson-Rinker (Charles Perry)

Investigating...
    )BOB

There may be an unexpected/unintended interaction between a N.C. starting a measure and the END command.
    Smarter folk than I will be looking at it. For now, if you can accept a 1st beat ending, the END command will work (eliminating the auto-chord ending) if you reset your default key to match the chart's final key. C#-

Ev'rybody Wants To Be A Cat 3 - Huddleson-Rinker (Charles Perry)

)BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 03-02-2020 at 07:10 PM.

We will have to look into this, thank you Cyrille and Bob.

It can be simply solved by removing the useless automatic ending (or having it as an option)

I’m also interested in this. Would it be possible to have a toggle option in the ‘key set/transposition’ section of the editor to include a final chord, followed by a window to input a specific final chord? Sometimes a song structure requires the use of a coda to properly play through a chorus, and having this extra option would enable any number of musical resolutions (eg ending a song on a IV7 or a bIImaj7). I’d love to see this in an update.