Thread: Install on iPad older version ?

Default Install on iPad older version ?

Installation on an older version of iPad is still possible. The current version cannot be installed from AppStore. Error : iRealPro is not compatible with this iPad

Quote Originally Posted by karelj View Post
    Installation on an older version of iPad is still possible. The current version cannot be installed from AppStore. Error : iRealPro is not compatible with this iPad
    Email: support@irealpro.com

Provide your device's system details, version etc.
    they can tell you what options may be available for you.
    )BOB

I didn't start the thread but I'm in the same boat. I have a 2nd gen iPad running 9.3.5. I had ireal running but it started to malfunction so I deleted and tried to reinstall. It never gave me the option to download an earlier compatible version. Just gave me the 'iReal Pro is not compatible with this iPad' message. Looking at some other posts I've been trying to find within iTunes in my PC, a way to install the app but I just can't. iTunes store does not give me access to apps, only to music.

Quote Originally Posted by victorneto View Post
    I didn't start the thread but I'm in the same boat. I have a 2nd gen iPad running 9.3.5. I had ireal running but it started to malfunction so I deleted and tried to reinstall. It never gave me the option to download an earlier compatible version. Just gave me the 'iReal Pro is not compatible with this iPad' message. Looking at some other posts I've been trying to find within iTunes in my PC, a way to install the app but I just can't. iTunes store does not give me access to apps, only to music.
    I'm in a similar boat. I purchased a recon ipad for irealpro specifically. I really didn't expect compatibility issues (naively!). I'm interested in how you got on.

Quote Originally Posted by victorneto View Post
    Assuming you are signed in to the same Apple account you used to purchase iReal Pro, when you open the App Store on your old iPad, you should see Purchases at the bottom. Tap to load that window. iReal Pro should list along with all your other purchased apps. You should be able to download it from there. A user who has recently done this on an iPad 2, said a message comes up saying the current version is not compatible, but do you want to download the last compatible version, tap OK and it should download. Another said, when it shows you the "Not compatible" message he waited a while then it started to download (the latest compatible version). This may have been an iPad 4.
    You can also contact Apple directly to check your account details. Some have had success with signing out of their Apple account, rebooting, then sign back in, which refreshes your account with your device and the App Store.

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    Assuming you are signed in to the same Apple account you used to purchase iReal Pro, when you open the App Store on your old iPad, you should see Purchases at the bottom. Tap to load that window. iReal Pro should list along with all your other purchased apps. You should be able to download it from there. A user who has recently done this on an iPad 2, said a message comes up saying the current version is not compatible, but do you want to download the last compatible version, tap OK and it should download. Another said, when it shows you the "Not compatible" message he waited a while then it started to download (the latest compatible version). This may have been an iPad 4.
    You can also contact Apple directly to check your account details. Some have had success with signing out of their Apple account, rebooting, then sign back in, which refreshes your account with your device and the App Store.
    You know what would be nice? If you guys just made the old version available for download.

Default Done it!

Quote Originally Posted by julietgreen View Post
    I'm in a similar boat. I purchased a recon ipad for irealpro specifically. I really didn't expect compatibility issues (naively!). I'm interested in how you got on.
    By jove, it worked. It's important that you get the 12.6.5. version of itunes or it won't allow you to sign in. Then you purchase it on your computer as long as it's the same sign is as the ipad, and it sits and waits for you and asks you if you want the latest compatible version. Now wouldn't it be nice if it just did that anyway! Happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by julietgreen View Post
    You know what would be nice? If you guys just made the old version available for download.
    This is not possible sorry, because iReal Pro is sold through Apple's iOS App Store only, and the old versions of iReal Pro are kept there by the store for your older iOS devices. Everything is handled by the App Store, it knows who you are, your Apple account, and your account has a record of what apps you have purchased (we do not have any of this information) so you can download again as you change devices.

It looks like there is a solution for users who bought previous versions. My problem is I have an older unsupported ipad air with ios 12.5.5 and I am a new customer. Is there really no way to get an older version that will work for me?