Thread: Transfer problem

Default Transfer problem

How do you transfer the tunes from the irealb on your computer to the ipad? can't seem to get them to load to ipad.
    jostvandude

Quote Originally Posted by jostvandude View Post
    How do you transfer the tunes from the irealb on your computer to the ipad? can't seem to get them to load to ipad.
    jostvandude
    Click on the playlist or song, File>Export> ... via email.
    Follow instructions in the email when it arrives on your iPad.

I hope this gets bumped up to the top.

I have to say that the transfer options with iRealB are not very elegant. For some reason, if I want to use "send via email" it defaults to mac Mail. I don't use Mac mail. I use Thunderbird. So I copy the email to my Thunderbird program and cross my fingers. I've done this a couple of times, and my recollection is that the recipient did not get my email and/or that it was gibberish. I've just sent one of those emails. I ended up saving to disc, then attaching the file. Hope that works. It seems like I have to jump through lots of hoops. (My previous solution was to transfer the playlist to the Mac irealB editor, then from there to the web editor, then email to my recipient. There's got to be a better way, no?)

Actually... I take that back: sometimes Thunderbird opens, and the link looks like a long string of gibberish characters. But most often it's MacMail that opens. I tested by sending to myself the email in Thunderbird with the long string of gibberish characters. When I clicked on the link, I was directed to open irealB. So I guess it works. But it doesn't seem consistent in its behavior...

Slightly confused...
    Last edited by lokilo; 12-05-2011 at 05:28 PM.

That's why the Apple Mail opens by default, because it works. Other email clients ruin the song code as they send or receive.
    The format was chosen because it works across Mac, iOS, Android and online on forums and such, but yes, you have to use the suggested tools for it to work.
    If I find a better way to implement it I will do that in the future.

Thanks for the reply. Guess I'll have to configure mac mail just for this. Worth it.