Thread: Can sync be corrupted With multiple devices whilst editing?

Default Can sync be corrupted With multiple devices whilst editing?

With multiple devices whilst editing?
    A friend sent me a version of a song that he had edited so Of course I ended up with two versions of it.
    I proceeded to change the name of the song to reflect that it was his version and I deleted the older one (moved it to trash).
    Since then my other devices refuse to find the song Or it’s location in the playlist.
    However a song search finds the new version he sent me titled Song 11 but not the edited version that I had changed the title on.
    So I’ve given up on syncing and have just gone to the original email on each device ,imported the song and change the name .
    It’s just odd behavior any idea what’s going on? It’s possible one of the other devices was sinking while I was doing the editing. Also repeated syncing to try and get the new song to appear in the playlist resulted in the sink getting stuck a few times.
    Don't post a playlist as the songs in a Realbook if the changes aren't from the book.
    If you do transcribe changes from a book put it in the title RB1, RB2, GGB, Sher, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsax View Post
    With multiple devices whilst editing? ...
    It might be possible the iCloud sync process got confused if you were editing, importing, trashing, synching on different devices at the same time.

There are instructions in our Help information, related to clearing the iCloud file which should restore sync to normal (remember to backup each device's iReal Pro songs for security, since the initial sync process merges).

Under normal use, sync works for most people, sorry you have had problems with it.

You could try emailing the song to yourself, trashing it in iReal Pro, waiting for sync on all devices, then import it back and adding it to the playlists it belongs in after things have settled.