Thread: PDF real books for iPad

Default PDF real books for iPad

Hi Guys

This is not an iRealb question but it's probably occurred to iPad users

Does anyone know of a PDF version of the real books that has a linked index and a good search function?

I've got about 20 real books in PDF format but the indexes aren't linked, which is a pain if you're looking
    for a song quickly at at gig or rehearsal

At the moment the best I've come up with is a PDF reader ( like Good Reader ) and put bookmarks at the songs I regularly play ( time consuming considering how many songs there are in the real books )

Has anyone good some suggestions ?

Thanks Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Timkeys View Post

Has anyone good some suggestions ?
    Hello Tim,
    The app forScore would be useful. Have a look at this thread:
    http://irealb.com/forums/showthread....g-using-Player

If you have questions, let me know. Hopefully some others will give you suggestions also.
    Last edited by Niki; 08-12-2015 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Edited content

actually the Apple iBooks app is quite good, and has a search function inside the PDF you're on, instead of a global only search. ForScore is great because you can mark up scores. if you used a New Real Book the search in iBooks is able to recognize the text and you can quickly find what you want.

Neil

Unreal Book works for me. Not perfect, but fast enough. Import all the PdF books (real books 1,2,3 - Colorado, etc...) and the Master Index page. Find thetune on the ,aster index, go to your preferred book and enter the page number of chart. Unreal book lets you set the page 1 to match pg 1 of each book. Then, from the GO button in the menu you simply enter the page of a tune and it takes you right to it. Again, not perfect but I can find a tune, go to necessary book enter page and be there in less than 20 seconds.