Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Auto turn-off display on tablet when closed

Quote Originally Posted by mathewjg View Post
    Unfortunately I have almost the opposite problem on my samsung tab s4. The screen turns off and I have to redraw my security pattern to get it back on after a few minutes of not using. the only option is to set the screen so that it never times out.
    Just to confirm what you are saying, your screen turns off according to display Settings, iReal Pro does not override them?
    We have tested on a Tab S3, just out of interest and the screen stayed on past the Display settings time, while either playing a song with many repeats, and just with the chart showing.

Have you tried changing your display settings to another value then back again? (not that it should help).

Quote Originally Posted by polomora View Post
    Hello ireal pro.

I love everything about it, especially that the display stays on when in use. However, it's also a weakness because I have the habit at the end of my gig to just shut the tablet's magnetic cover, not realising that the display is still on. After a few hours the battery is drained.

Can you implement a feature to auto turn-off the display when the cover is closed?

Many thanks,
    Paul
    I use Ireal Pro on an old iPad air. The battery dies much faster now, than when it was new. However it seems that irp drains the battery much faster than any other app I use, regardless of display settings. I would appreciate if ireal-software engineers could look in to it, to tweak it to use less power. There has to be something to go on here, even though we need the display to be on as long as we use it.

Thx
    Stein Ivar
    Last edited by zuzubolin; 04-06-2021 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zuzubolin View Post
    I use Ireal Pro on an old iPad air. The battery dies much faster now, than when it was new. However it seems that irp drains the battery much faster than any other app I use, regardless of display settings. I would appreciate if ireal-software engineers could look in to it, to tweak it to use less power. There has to be something to go on here, even though we need the display to be on as long as we use it.

Thx

Stein Ivar
    Thank you for letting us know.

Have you tried reducing the screen brightness and/or using night-mode
    https://technimo.helpshift.com/a/ire...ight-mode&l=en

)BOB