Thread: Moonlight In Vermont- Karl Suessdorf

Default Moonlight In Vermont- Karl Suessdorf

Moonlight in Vermont had a slight bug in it; the two bar coda was not notated as such, so it was playing through each time.

I made some slight alterations as well as fixing the ending to make it easier to read. I also extended the coda to three bars so that a ritardondo could be faked. The Sher Music chords were used (mostly the same), so that's how I labeled it here.

Moonlight In Vermont -- SM - Karl Suessdorf
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-19-2020 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Copied here from elsewhere

The lyrics are unusual in that they do not rhyme.

John Blackburn, the lyricist, has been quoted as saying, "After completing the first 12 bars of the lyric, I realized there was no rhyme and then said to Karl, 'Let’s follow the pattern of no rhyme throughout the song. It seemed right.'"

The lyrics are also unconventional in that each verse (not counting the bridge) is a haiku.

Pennies in a stream
    Falling leaves the sycamore
    Moonlight in Vermont

Icy finger waves
    Ski trails down the mountain side
    Snow light in Vermont

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon...Vermont_(song)

Quote Originally Posted by GregH3000 View Post
    Moonlight in Vermont had a slight bug in it; the two bar coda was not notated as such, so it was playing through each time.

I made some slight alterations as well as fixing the ending to make it easier to read. I also extended the coda to three bars so that a ritardondo could be faked. The Sher Music chords were used (mostly the same), so that's how I labeled it here.
    Nice workaround for the ritard.

Cheers,
    Jer
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 01-24-2020 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Moved to song discussion thread
    Jerry Engelbach
    Pianist • Arranger • Composer
    Pátzcuaro, Michoacán, México
    Music Website
    Art Website
    The Internationale Website