Thread: As The Raven Flies - Dan Fogelberg

Default As The Raven Flies - Dan Fogelberg

As The Raven Flies - Dan Fogelberg

Helpful info
    Verse-Chorus (V-C) vs. A-B
    https://www.irealb.com/forums/showth...s-(V-C)-vs-A-B

Thanks for sharing your charts
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 12-22-2019 at 12:32 AM.

Thanks for the heads up. Actually I will redo that one. The original sheet music for this song doesn’t have the normal repeat type layout.

But now that I’ve done like 50 of them... I know how to fix that. Although As posted it “plays” accurately... it is just ugly...

Here is a fix. Discovered original lyrics didn’t match the sheet music. This is not as clean as I would like.. but accurate. The song is VVCVCV outdo.

Quote Originally Posted by Keithlm View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Actually I will redo that one. The original sheet music for this song doesn’t have the normal repeat type layout.

But now that I’ve done like 50 of them... I know how to fix that. Although As posted it “plays” accurately... it is just ugly...
    iRp's rehearsal mark system makes it easy to adjust the number of form-repeats in the player. More difficult to add an "extra" solo with a DS arrangement designed to work correctly with only one player repeat.
    )BOB

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    iRp's rehearsal mark system makes it easy to adjust the number of form-repeats in the player. More difficult to add an "extra" solo with a DS arrangement designed to work correctly with only one player repeat.
    )BOB
    I am having fun going through the the puzzle of figuring out how to do the looping to make the iRp work to play the song as accurately as possible.

BUT I have definitely noticed something you mentioned a while ago in another thread: sometimes you have to decide whether having a song play "correctly" is more important than having an easy to use printable chord chart.

In addition... I have discovered that sometimes you can be clever and make an entire song fit into just a few lines with complicated looping OR if available you can use more lines with much less complicated looping.

Anyway... thanks to you and the developers for making this app. I like it at lot.

Even newer update. This SONG is a AABABA OUTRO. I had it wrong.