Thread: How to manage différent transposition for one song IN several lists

Default How to manage différent transposition for one song IN several lists

Hii,
    I play in several bands. Some songs are played with different transpositions by those different bands.
    It's very hard to remember witch transposition has to be set during a performance.
    If iRealb could keep transposition depending on witch list the song is started from, it would be very usefull to set one list by band.
    That's a suggestion, nevertheless, I thanks all the team for the great help this application gives to me.
    Before I use to carry severals pounds of books loosing a lot of time searching through them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcassagne View Post
    Hii,
    I play in several bands. Some songs are played with different transpositions by those different bands.
    It's very hard to remember witch transposition has to be set during a performance.
    If iRealb could keep transposition depending on witch list the song is started from, it would be very usefull to set one list by band.
    That's a suggestion, nevertheless, I thanks all the team for the great help this application gives to me.
    Before I use to carry severals pounds of books loosing a lot of time searching through them.
    When you open a song from your main song index it opens in the default key (or the key you last transposed to indicated by a "diamond" icon).
    if you add the song to a playlist, it's added to your list *in the default (non-transposed) key*.
    If you open a song from a *playlist* (rather than from the main index) and transpose it, the song will remain transposed *on that playlist*. but that transposition won't affect the version in the main index.
    Note: if you send (email) the playlist (or song) the songs will revert to the default keys at the recipient's end.

I also perform with different ensembles and vocalists and need the songs in different keys on different lists.
    I "edit a copy" of tunes I need to change, go to the "info" screen and add, in the title field, the initials of the ensemble/vocalist after the title. Then in the "key signature" field, I note the key desired AND turn ON the switch to "Also transpose the chords in the song:" I can also tweak the chords to the specific preferences of the ensemble/vocalist (if desired). Then I save the "new" song.
    My main index will now have TWO versions of the song (in different keys) Choose the version you want for playlists and it will always be in your chosen key AND will also email correctly.
    )BOB

Thanks very much for your explanations.
    Actualy I used to do the same, making copies of songs with different transpositions for different bands. But now, I've a lot of copies and it's not so simple to keep all of these coherent, but it's not a big problem, I can keep on using this method.
    One thing which could be very helpfull would be to add a parameter which enable displaying tonality in parenthesis after song name in lists.
    Once again thanks for your app. It's quite a miracle for us, poor musicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcassagne View Post
    Hii,
    just add a1,2,3 or 4 to the title