Thread: AirPlay Offset button - MISSING?

Default AirPlay Offset button - MISSING?

Hello guys.

I'm returning to using iReal after a couple of years of being away from music, and have noticed that there is no longer the option to offset the song audio so that the player position indicator syncs up with the music when using AirPlay and other streaming protocols.

This feature used to work perfectly for me and allowed me to play iReal backing tracks through my WiFi speakers while reading along with the chord charts with no delay whatsoever.

Can anybody confirm whether or not this has been removed, and if so if there are any alternative ways to create perfect sync when using wireless speakers?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thank you.

Exclamation AirPlay Offset button - MISSING?

Hi there,

I'm returning to iReal after a couple of years away from music (thank the lord!).

I was wondering if anybody knows what's happened to the AirPlay Offset button that used to be present in the Audio tab of Preferences?

It was a lifesaver which allowed me to see the Player Position Indicator in sync with the music which I normally stream to a wireless speaker in my room.

Has this actually been removed, and if so - why? and are there any alternatives for syncing up iReal visual and audio elements?

Please help! Thank you muchly in advanced

Hello, we are currently looking into this.
    Could you please let us know:
    - what OS version your Mac runs on;
    - speaker model;
    - what version of iReal Pro you have.

Thank you.

Thank you for responding, and sorry for the late reply - I didn't realise this had been responded to!

- what OS version your Mac runs on; macOS Catalina 10.15.5 (the most up to date AFAIK
    - speaker model; GGMM M3 Wireless Speaker (connects with Airplay) and a Yamaha THR10c amplifier connected to an Apple Airport Express
    - what version of iReal Pro you have.Version 2020.4.1 (200412)

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Quote Originally Posted by GovindSidhu View Post
    Thank you for responding, and sorry for the late reply - I didn't realise this had been responded to!
    There may be a latency if you are going from one device through another. Are you able to try direct from Mac to an Airplay device?