Thread: Style: straight "jazz:long notes" version

Default Style: straight "jazz:long notes" version

Hi, For real practising I use the jazz:long notes style since it has no comping(thank god) and is good to hear the harmony and do your things on the song with your instrument. BTW I put rhodes instead of piano and its reeeally useful. As far as I know, this is the only style that the harmonic comping instrument plays plain chords... Its a swing style, so I would like to know if I can make other straight styles (bossa,latin...) like this to practice as well, as I haven't found yet. All are clerky comping pianos and so... Thanks!

Unfortunately no, there is no equivalent of Long notes for latin or pop styles. If the drums are defining the rhythm (swing) and it is annoying you could change it to Click or turn down the volume.
    If you want to be inventive, you could import the midi file into a DAW, delete the drum track then add some latin drum loops (or whatever).

Thank you for the answer!

Yes, the click thing would do the job... this is a way to use the audio accompaniament to really improvise upon. BTW I expected that for a paying app there would be more versality in styles, combination or sthg...
    Thanks man!

Good the click will work for you!

There are 50 built-in playback styles and currently 12 blues (IAP) styles. Each style has a variety of instruments to choose from (in the mixer, just as you have used the click for drums). We have a list of other styles we will be adding in the future. Each style plays in the various time signatures (with a few exceptions) and this takes a considerable amount of time to prepare.

iReal Pro forms a nice basis for exporting a song a few times in different styles, cut/paste and adding drum loops for a final audio file while adhering to your chords and form you require.

We have plans for various new features into the future.
    Thank you for supporting iReal Pro and your comments.