Thread: How to delete empty playlist on iPad?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How to delete empty playlist on iPad?

I accidentally created a new playlist. It's empty, but I can't figure out how to delete it. Manual says nothing about deleting playlists. The one forum post I could find says to tap and hold down the playlist and a delete option would pop-up. Nothing happens when I tap and hold playlists on my iPad. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by bbchops View Post
    I accidentally created a new playlist. It's empty, but I can't figure out how to delete it. Manual says nothing about deleting playlists. The one forum post I could find says to tap and hold down the playlist and a delete option would pop-up. Nothing happens when I tap and hold playlists on my iPad. Any suggestions?
    It may depend on which device and app version you are using.

If a tap/hold doesn't bring up the delete option, try...

Swipe the list title left or right...

Also try, when viewing the playlist side-bar select EDIT (top-right)
    A red circle with a white bar (kind of like a roadway "do not enter" sign appears by each playlist title.
    Tap it to bring up the delete button.

When deleting a playlist that contains songs, take care. If you move the songs to trash, they will also be removed from your library and any other lists they may be in.
    )BOB
    Last edited by pdxdjazz; 07-29-2019 at 11:53 AM.

We have Help information built-in, More>Help and Support, with search field at the top. If you put either the word "playlist" or "delete" (or both) you will find information on this for your device.