Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ableton Link +MIDI CHORD/BASS Output for external synths, arpeggiators etc

Quote Originally Posted by pdxdjazz View Post
    Welcome Snoop
    Thanks for your input.
    )BOB
    Thanks Bob for the kind welcome and also for the excellent support in solving my problems with my forum account. Now, if only I could make you to provide any hint regarding the Ableton Link support and Midi export...

We are aware of Ableton-Link thank you. There is midi export already, but I think you are wanting midi output (as the app plays)? which is not available currently.

Quote Originally Posted by dflat View Post
    .. There is midi export already, but I think you are wanting midi output (as the app plays)? which is not available currently.
    Yes - I want real-time MIDI output. But also - given that on iOS Apple seems to be deprecating IAA - it would be really good to also have support for hosting AUv3 audiounit virtual instruments.

This could - along with Ableton link and MIDI real-time output - be made available as an add-on purchase. I'd happily pay a fair bit for such an add on.

Being able to host audio units for playback instead of built in ROMPLER sounds opens up sonic options to instruments such as Ravenscroft Piano -a wonderful piano virtual instrument, or Neo Soul Keys - or very recently - ROMPLER apps like KORG MODULE that has just recently become available as an AudioUnit plugin and contains wonderful sounds.

I am a long time user of mac and ios apps and i wish i could use ableton link too.
    In recent times the music apps on ipad are more and more powerful and creative and I believe that a simple functionality like ableton link would greatly expand the possibilities of using your application in conjunction with the others.
    All the best!

I want this so badly - are there any updates on this subject? (fingers crossed)